Author Topic: The Condor Trail: A Thread for Cuxluv's Dreaming and For Gavin and Alacia  (Read 3988 times)

Brad Young

• Grand Master
I'm a big fan of backpacking and longer trails. The PCT has long been one of my dreams (as anyone who reads those posts knows). I've also loved California's Coastal wilderness areas too since my college days in the early 1980s (see, for example, from April):

http://www.mudncrud.com/forums/index.php?topic=1582.0

I was surprised and impressed to see Cruxluv's post in her thread where she discussed her dreams of hiking long trails. Finally, I know Gavin and Alacia love backpacking and long trails too, and of course they are lucky enough to work in a field they are passionate about (birds).

All of this came together through a subject I learned of some time ago, a proposed "Condor Trail," which would traverse north/south through all of the wilderness areas of California's central coast. I thought it was only a theory until the trip we took in April. I met a hiker on that trip who told me more.

And I just learned that there is a website devoted to the trail, a very nicely laid out web site. Here it is:

http://www.condortrail.com/

Even though the trail doesn't yet exist as a whole, I would so dearly love to hike the whole thing. In fact, I think I need a sponsor to pay me to hike it. At 16 miles a day, it would take only 25 days. At $1,000.00 per day that would be only $25,000.00. I can take it in payments. Who's in?

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
Not me, but if you need an assistant that gets the same base rate per day, I'm all in to go hike it with you!!!
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

Brad Young

• Grand Master
Not me, but if you need an assistant that gets the same base rate per day, I'm all in to go hike it with you!!!

OK, do I hear an opening bid of $2,000.00 per day?

CruxLuv

• Queen Of Crud
They say there's a sucker born every minute...you may just get lucky. 

That trail looks great!!  Can't believe there's been no PR.
The "best" climber is the one having the most fun.

F4?

• unworthy
wait, this trail IS up your alley....
Experienced hikers are able to hike most of the trail but it will require some advanced route finding and bushwhacking

The advanced route finding is getting through fort hunter leggit and not getting shot!

I still want to know where the condors are on the trail???
I'm not worthy.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
I think there is some nut ball Attorney in Sonora that will sponsor you.

Here's to sweat in your eye

Brad Young

• Grand Master
I think there some nut ball Attorney in Sonora that will sponsor you.

Nope, I know both of them and they won't do it.

Gavin

• Bird Man of Pinnacles
    • Gavin Emmons Photography
The Condor Trail does look pretty interesting... Definitely beautiful country. I would definitely do it. I don't know that anyone would pay us to hike it, Brad, but we could do it just to draw attention to the area. I'll be along as the staff photographer. We just need a sherpa for my gear...

Brad Young

• Grand Master

We just need a sherpa for my gear...

Easy, I've got one whose name is spelled T-R-I-C-I-A

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
Easy, I've got one whose name is spelled T-R-I-C-I-A

No doubt! That young lady is a machine!!
One wheel shy of normal