Author Topic: Announcement: Rat! Email notification is temparorily broken!  (Read 4480 times)

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
Announcement: Rat! Email notification is temparorily broken!
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:48:28 PM »
Thanks to CruxLuv and Munge, it came to our attention that email notifications from the forum has been broken. Not sure how long it's been like that, and we apologize to anyone who had experienced frustrations due to this glitch. Hope no PC or monitor has been smashed because of it.

To be honest, it's not clear to me how it can be fixed as I don't know where the problem was. We've been and will continue to be crazy busy for a while, so a quick fix is not likely in the near future.

If anyone needs a password reset, please send an email to me or Mr. Mud (directly or via another kind hearted member --  the odds are we have one or two of those on the forum).

It's likely that PMs are also broken (or at least the email notification of it), so please do not fall into despair thinking you had been ignored when you did not receive a reply back because maybe the receiving member never saw your PM or email sent via the forums. Blame it on us, but try to contact him/her in a different way. The forum is always a good place for a personal shout out anyway. For example...:blahblah: Mr. Mud,  hope your splitting headache goes away soon! If you have to puke in the middle of the night, please use the bucket!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your adventures! Until next time...
Inch by inch, I will get there.

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
Re: Announcement: Rat! Email notification is temparorily broken!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:51:22 PM »
feel better soon
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 07:48:42 AM »
It's likely that PMs are also broken (or at least the email notification of it),

i haven't had any problems with recent PM's but i have only ever received a couple notifications a long time ago and it was weeks after i'd already sent and received replies to my PM's.
One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »
Actually I have been busy as heck at work and have been ignoring/avoiding most everyone.
Here's to sweat in your eye

mudworm

• Head Mistress
Email notification is working now! Let the SPAM begin!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:39:32 AM »
Whoohooo... It's working now... Still busy, but just can't live with this problem outstanding.

Yeah, the hosting company made some changes recently... like back in April for spam prevention. Because of their change, the outgoing notifications stopped working.  Now I do remember a while back, Jim, aka Mr. Free Stance, reported he couldn't reset his password. Same with waldo, I believe. I'm so sorry that it didn't occur to me that it was our email notification that was broken. *sigh* getting old and slow already.

Anyway, the problem has been fixed. At least, I just tested password reset and received an email (after 20 min delay). What does that mean? That means, you might start seeing emails from the Forums Admin from time to time. Yeah, let the SPAM begin!

;D

skully

• Mudders
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:13:42 PM »
Yay! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Holy crap! oh, please little hook stay, please stay, that's right you're fine........And  Yes! off THAT manky shit. Whew.

mudworm

• Head Mistress
Umm... we are actually NOT spam...
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 12:30:21 PM »
I  just found out that some messages from MudnCrud Forums (e.g. reply notifications) went into my spam filter. Hey, we can call our messages spam, but we don't mean it!  >:(

Anyway, everyone, please do add "do-not-reply@mudncrud.com" to your address book. Or go to your spam filter, choose a message from Mudncrud Forum and check "not spam".  That way, our "spam" messages can show up in your inbox so you don't miss any important ones.  :)