Author Topic: The PCT Volume 20: Ending the Season 942.7 Miles From the Mexican Border  (Read 14275 times)

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
Sounds great no matter who is along.

That is a bummer Katie can't join in - especially since now you won't have any physical impairments to make excuses for not keeping up with T :)

Now just to be clear - I think clink meant he is going to bbq that grub for himself to celebrate your sojourn.

Just remember that we are all with you in spirit on those magical trails :)
One wheel shy of normal

clink

• Meanderthal
 Am I that mean? Ha!
 Brad, I owe you both a steak when you trek Tuolumne Meadows to Sonora Pass in seven days. Wish I was going.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

Brad Young

• Grand Master

...especially since now you won't have any physical impairments to make excuses for not keeping up with T :)

Probably gonna have to hurt you for that comment  :P

F4?

• unworthy
please takes pictures and notes for new route potential.

Have a good trip.
I'm not worthy.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
Thank you Factor.

Right now I'm feeling like we have already scored double!

1. It's black black black outside here at the house. We've got thunder in the distance and it's raining hard. Yet the National Weather Service says gorgeous skies starting tomorrow for six days (as long as the forecast lasts). I'm so glad we delayed a day.

2. A rain like this significantly pushes back the late-summer dryness that always makes us afraid that this is going to be the year that fire rages through. (I bet we get more than a quarter inch of water the way it's raining out there!!).

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
Rained here for about 20 minutes yesterday.  The rain started about 10 minutes after we walked in the door after our bicycle ride.
Here's to sweat in your eye

Brad Young

• Grand Master
Now packed and ready to drive away. There remains only to sleep, wake up, eat breakfast and leave. I'm quite ready to be on the trail!!

Tricia seems to be too.

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
I have some wine for you that will go well with Clink's steak.  Trish is excused.  Enjoy!

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
Now packed and ready to drive away. There remains only to sleep, wake up, eat breakfast and leave. I'm quite ready to be on the trail!!

Tricia seems to be too.

Big boomer clouds tonight as we were driving away from the sierra crest. Will think positive thoughts for weather for you.
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

Brad Young

• Grand Master
We just got back.

We went 75.9 miles, Tuolumne Meadows to Sonora Pass, in seven perfect days. One of the absolute highlights of the trip was Tricia's reaction to passing the PCT 1,000 mile point (1,000 miles from the Mexican border). Last night Tricia and I slept at 10,500 feet directly on the pacific crest. Then we hustled out this morning as the clouds and smoke built up.

What a trip! What a section of trail!

What a dinner of real food coming up tonight  ;)

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
Congratulations!
Here's to sweat in your eye

squiddo

• Pin Heads
  • If it itches, scratch it.
We just got back.

We went 75.9 miles, Tuolumne Meadows to Sonora Pass, in seven perfect days. One of the absolute highlights of the trip was Tricia's reaction to passing the PCT 1,000 mile point (1,000 miles from the Mexican border). Last night Tricia and I slept at 10,500 feet directly on the pacific crest. Then we hustled out this morning as the clouds and smoke built up.

What a trip! What a section of trail!

What a dinner of real food coming up tonight  ;)

Congrats! So happy for you guys- what an experience!!!! Welcome home Brad.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Every climb gets 3 stars from me until I climb it.
-Anonymous spirited climber

F4?

• unworthy
excellent!

nice job!

I'm not worthy.

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
Great work and great timing!  We've got a thunderstorm in the Gabilans this morning east of K.C. - not much of one, but I suspect the Sierras will do more with this moisture.