Author Topic: Flood Warning!  (Read 15124 times)

clink

• Meanderthal
Re: Flood Warning!
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2014, 10:07:45 PM »
well the scariest part of the climb was watching Aaron lead the last of the headwall. Levi said " that could have been ok, or very bad" It looked like compound fractures time to me. There is now a second bolt to protect that bit. It keeps you off balance with a lot of interesting moves. Not to say that other routes don't have as interesting moves. I would never say that.
We call it Where's Waldo. Great day.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

Aaron McDonald

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »
Clink, don't you like cheeseburgers anymore?

Aaron McDonald

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2014, 10:30:17 PM »
Frothy!

head wall!

In the meadow

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2014, 11:41:20 PM »
cool
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2014, 06:53:15 AM »
Plan on firing up the barbie for the madrone smoke Corralitos meat market cheeseburgers. Its what filet mignon always wanted to be.

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2014, 07:43:04 AM »
Great photos, gentlemen!  That's a spectacular spot!  Clink, did you drill from that stem?

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »
Looks good, maybe even great. Looks like you all had a wonderful adventure. I think the name is especially good.

North facing, and "maybe" 5.9, sounds like a great excuse for starting the next Pinns season a little early. Can't wait to get on it.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2014, 08:43:58 AM »
No Waldo, I din't. Just looking for edges under lichen. Never finished the levitation for dummies handbook. Do you have a copy I could borrow? How's the butt?

Gavin

• Gavin Emmons Photography
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2014, 09:15:39 AM »
Looks like a nice line. I definitely recognized the area from the photos too, saying to myself, "Hey, I've looked at those sections a lot while scanning for falcon activity!"

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 09:29:41 AM »
Nice!
Here's to sweat in your eye

Aaron McDonald

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2014, 10:07:21 AM »
Looks like a nice line. I definitely recognized the area from the photos too, saying to myself, "Hey, I've looked at those sections a lot while scanning for falcon activity!"

Gavin,

I have noted 2 falcons very close to that area during our work.  I believe there is a nest directly to the left of our route in a grassy shoot about 75 feet to the left and well hidden.

When we were at the grassy meadow on top of our route I saw a another falcon that kept  landing on the formation directly behind our route.  The sound is incredible as they land!

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2014, 11:15:29 AM »
Clink, the butt was never beautiful and last week's pendulum did not add to its charm, but I'm about to pronounce it sound.  My wife thinks I would have healed quicker had I hit with my head.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2014, 06:59:31 AM »
Brad, I do think the route is good, might even get a star, imagine that. One good downpour and a dozen ascents will help with the evolution typical to Pinns. That meadow was nice.

Is H&L Feather Canyon the only route up that side of the High Peaks or on all that rock? There looks to be many lines and multi-pitch stuff if the good rock quality keeps appearing. Worth exploring.

Yes, that early start to the season sounds good. Most of my friends are going to be on the big granite walls come spring, some sooner. May even join JC in the attitude " what the ---- is wrong with you guys? Pinns climbing season never ends." Last time to do that was the mid 80's, seems like a lifetime ago.