Author Topic: The PCT Volume 22: A Highway to Highway Quickie  (Read 11007 times)

F4?

• unworthy
Re: The PCT Volume 22: A Highway to Highway Quickie
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 04:54:32 PM »
The Dawsons and also our two special (Mudn'Crud) guests are joining us for the first three days - to Carson Pass.
Can't be the Muds...they only bike  ;D

Clink, now is our chance to add bolts....U with me?

Then Brad has to guess which climb or climbs have added bolts.
I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 05:05:09 PM »
 F4, I'm all in. I have a huge urge to do multiple desecrations. And I don't mean just mentally.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »
Shhh, I think he's back....
I'm not worthy.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 08:36:58 AM »

Shhh, I think he's back....

No, but we're off the trail for a rest/waiting for Katie day (it looks like she'll make it for our next three-day leg through the Desolation Wilderness - if her somewhat shaky ride comes through).

Meanwhile we finished three great, even fantastic days with Dawsons and Cooks (J.C. and K.C. day-hiked many miles with us and spent their non-hiking time hanging with Vicki). We went from Ebbetts to Carson Pass (Highway 4 to Highway 88). Then Tricia and I flat flew from Carson Pass to Echo Summit yesterday (she and I did the first 13.4 miles yesterday in exactly five hours).

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 08:49:33 PM »
We've got an excellent summer PCT schedule penciled out now for the summer of 2015. It looks like we'll do one short, three-day trip two weekends from now and then three separate week-long trips during the rest of the summer. The rough idea is to get through Lassen National Park and then some (which then puts us in a perfect place to finish California in the summer of 2016).

Here's the plan (subject, of course, to fine tuning):

-  June 6 through June 8, Highway 80 to Highway 49, 38.4 miles to Sierra City. The Dawsons are joining us for this trip;

-  June 23 through June 30, Highway 49 to Highway 70, 91.7 miles. This will be a mix of backpacking and meeting Vicki at roads/campgrounds on the way. This trip will end at the town of Belden, the usually recognized halfway point of the PCT. Halfway;

-  July 18 to around July 24, Highway 70 to Highway 44, 92.5 miles. Again, this will be a mix of backpacking and meeting Vicki to car camp since there are a fair number of roads that cross the PCT in the northern Sierra;

-  August 2 to August 6, Highway 44 to around or north of the town of Burney Falls 41.8 miles (or more).

After that we'll see what happens. We'll be awfully far north by then for a Labor Day trip, but who knows how enthusiastic we'll be at that point? I suppose if we did do a trip in September it might get us as far as where the PCT crosses Interstate 5, near Castle Crags State Park.

And, as usual, any of you are welcome to join us for all or part of a leg. The people that did join us last year were a big part of the PCT season for us.

So, who's in?  ;D

Tuff Chik

• Mudders
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 09:54:32 AM »
I'm thinking we will join you guys for part of the June 23rd - June 30th trip.  I'm on PTO starting Friday June 26th and will be going back to work on July 6th. :D

Looking forward to hiking with T-girl.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 10:34:45 AM »

I'm thinking we will join you guys for part of the June 23rd - June 30th trip.  I'm on PTO starting Friday June 26th and will be going back to work on July 6th. :D

Looking forward to hiking with T-girl.

Fantastic, we'd really love your company.

I wish you were also looking forward to hiking with me   ::)