Author Topic: Fall tick list. What do you have in your sights?  (Read 34944 times)

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
Re: Fall tick list. What do you have in your sights?
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 10:06:16 AM »
and some of his newest stuff.
Here's to sweat in your eye

Gavin

• Gavin Emmons Photography
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 08:25:57 AM »
Signing on a little late here, but for a fall / winter wish list:

- 5.10s and 5.11s at Balconies. I've done most of them but always love getting back on them.
- Long days at the Yaks and Yaks Wall. I've done some climbing there but it can be hard to convince people to make the trek out there. I've still never done some classics like Split Infinity and would love to.
- Resurrection Wall. Would definitely love to do the long 5.11a on that wall!
- Stuff at Citadel and Whitetail Rock, especially the classic 5.10s there.

kylequeener

• Mudders
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2014, 09:48:35 AM »
Signing on a little late here, but for a fall / winter wish list:

- 5.10s and 5.11s at Balconies. I've done most of them but always love getting back on them.
- Long days at the Yaks and Yaks Wall. I've done some climbing there but it can be hard to convince people to make the trek out there. I've still never done some classics like Split Infinity and would love to.
- Resurrection Wall. Would definitely love to do the long 5.11a on that wall!
- Stuff at Citadel and Whitetail Rock, especially the classic 5.10s there.

Never too late!

I just did Resurrection Wall yesterday and found it to be a lot less intimidating as I had suspected it to be. I think it has been sensationalized by others. I could just be an asshole though. You should definitely do it, its great. I didn't worry about the bad bolts too much. Just clip all of them.

Also, I've never been to the Yaks. If you ever wanna head out I will totally make the walk out there. I here it's fantastic.

cobbledik

• Mudders
  • Bucky approves
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2014, 10:19:32 PM »
Another lap on Lava Falls.
Finally get around to climbing Cuidado.
I'd like to find an aid line to FA. Something vertical, solid, and technical. The valley calls just as strongly during the winter as it does in the summer though.
Watch my girl lead Portent.

- - - - - - -

What would be the best thing to use to camo the bolts on Mucci's route on the Flumes?

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2014, 11:03:10 PM »
mottled paint, more than one color.

use a plastic milk jug with a hanger size cut out to paint just the hanger and not the rock.

I got yer FA aid lines.

What do you mean by "solid?"
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2014, 05:17:06 AM »
What would be the best thing to use to camo the bolts on Mucci's route on the Flumes?

Tie one of JC's bright orange shirts to a branch close to the route. No one will see the bolts.

I'd like to find an aid line to FA. Something vertical, solid, and technical

Overhanging, rotten, and suicide.

I think it has been sensationalized by others. I could just be an asshole though.

Please be my guardian a-hole (You would have to lead all the hard and scary sh#t)

For example; The first time Aaron and Geoff climbed together was on Rock Around the Clock. Aaron led all the climbing, Geoff pees on his rope and calls him an asshole.

Causing trouble when not climbing.

kylequeener

• Mudders
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2014, 07:31:38 AM »

Please be my guardian a-hole (You would have to lead all the hard and scary sh#t)

For example; The first time Aaron and Geoff climbed together was on Rock Around the Clock. Aaron led all the climbing, Geoff pees on his rope and calls him an asshole.

You want me to pee of your rope?

Or do you want to pee on my rope?

I'm fine with one of those scenarios, but not the other.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2014, 09:39:27 AM »
Or do you want to pee on my rope?

He'll PO your rope if you don't keep an eye on him.
I think that peckerwood is related to the Oakridge Boys ;)
One wheel shy of normal

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2014, 09:46:34 AM »
WOT is going on here?!?!  lol
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

Gavin

• Gavin Emmons Photography
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2014, 09:32:19 PM »
Never too late!

I just did Resurrection Wall yesterday and found it to be a lot less intimidating as I had suspected it to be. I think it has been sensationalized by others. I could just be an asshole though. You should definitely do it, its great. I didn't worry about the bad bolts too much. Just clip all of them.

Also, I've never been to the Yaks. If you ever wanna head out I will totally make the walk out there. I here it's fantastic.

Yeah, we should make a plan for the Yaks... Let's try to remember and chat about it this weekend!

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2014, 05:14:02 AM »
I can give an excellent belay. A lot of climbers could improve their trad belaying and I work on it. I haven't peed on a rope yet. I admit, that I have had an attraction to poison oak lately as JC has observed.

Go Giants!
Causing trouble when not climbing.

kylequeener

• Mudders
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2014, 11:06:15 AM »
Didn't mean to infer that JC, we are all fortunate that mudsters don't jump lines ;D

I think it would be a cool climb, but honestly can't make a good call after so many years, and the memory of the big crushing fall.  However, the matrix was good but mossy down low, and looked the same higher up.

Maybe somebody can take some pix of the line if they get a chance for me?

It would be cool if a consensus on the trail can be made.

I am pretty sure there was a bolt in the moss chute immediately left of our project line, right of romper room.  I checked my notes on the area but didn't seem to mention it.  Old leeper IIRC

My two cents:

I saw this route this past Sunday and noticed a couple new bolts had been added. I remember taking a leaver biner off a few years ago at the second bolt. Maybe it was yours? Who knows. Not knowing anything about it I noticed it was over the balconies trail. It obviously doesn't start ON the trail but it is definitely OVER the trail. If a knob came off it would probably go down to the trail. I'd assume rock fall onto trails is part of the parks concerns in regards to new routes.

I can give an excellent belay. A lot of climbers could improve their trad belaying and I work on it. I haven't peed on a rope yet. I admit, that I have had an attraction to poison oak lately as JC has observed.

Go Giants!

I see poison oak as a good thing. It means I went bushwhacking. Heck, I'm itchy right now on my ankles, wrists and some on my bicep.