Author Topic: Fathers Day  (Read 30450 times)

clink

• Meanderthal
Fathers Day
« on: June 21, 2015, 07:18:48 PM »
 Met Geoff at Airport Blvd. at 4:40. It was cold enough in the upper parking lot at Pinns to warrant a thermal. The morning sounds of birds were obliterated by some imbecile thumping out a drum beat, somewhere pass the bathroom, getting in touch with their inner dumb-ass at sunrise.

At Discovery we were able to hear the birds it the canyon, quiet and peaceful. Climbed a couple classics we first went up 35 years ago.

Then off to take look at No Holds Bard. The poison oak is flourishing there. JC you should have been with us. First I tried to throw our shoes to the base, but they bounced back into the middle of the thickest PO. We decided to set up a top rope but ended up throwing both ends of the rope down the wrong passage, which happened to be a cascade of PO upon further inspection. Finally went down the correct slot but jammed the rope and were only able to pull it in one direction. When retrieving our shoes I managed to become fully engulfed in PO when Geoff lowered me after I yelled stop.

Early start put me at home by 1 in the afternoon for egg burritos, a Tecnu shower(no bath) and a nap. Pot roast family dinner with cards from the girls. One said "Dad, around here whatever you say goes, ...in one ear and out the other" I congratulated all my girls on choosing such a cool family to be born into. Rose tells us that her parents turned out alright due to her hard work.  :)    

This early start thing is going to have to be repeated soon.              
Causing trouble when not climbing.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
Re: Fathers Day
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 07:26:39 PM »

Met Geoff at Airport Blvd. at 4:40. It was cold enough in the upper parking lot at Pinns to warrant a thermal. The morning sounds of birds were obliterated by some imbecile thumping out a drum beat, somewhere pass the bathroom, getting in touch with their inner dumb-ass at sunrise.

That got three of us laughing out loud.

One said "Dad, around here whatever you say goes, ...in one ear and out the other"

That got an understanding nod from a fellow father of teenage girls.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 08:50:57 PM »
We too heard the drum beats albeit a bit later in the morning.
We stumbled across this strange fellow in the Deserted Valley.
Could he have been overexposed to the percussion perhaps?

One wheel shy of normal

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 09:23:06 PM »
note the pinkie action.

That asshat with the drum went all the way to the high peaks and back bangin' all the way.

yes, and as you can see it drove me crazy! 

You can't see in the pic that i went so crazy i was drilling in my socks.

I swear it had nothing to do with the heat.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 05:44:41 AM »
 How much time were you two in full sun after 10?
Causing trouble when not climbing.

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 06:03:46 AM »
Ya'll are nuts
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge