Author Topic: Moisture  (Read 17706 times)

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
Re: Moisture
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2015, 11:23:16 PM »
Thanks for that answer Brad.

It is gonna have to be a really fun boat, for Brad to get excited.

What if I add a sail to the canoe?
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2015, 08:02:06 AM »

What if I add a sail to the canoe?

If it involves Atlantis, their first names are Fat, Slim, and No.

There must be other, willing climbers out there. Get Tim, he'll do anything.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2015, 09:57:47 AM »
If it involves Atlantis, their first names are Fat, Slim, and No.

This is going to be an interesting season. Ladies putting up routes and also trading for equal sections with the guys on non-precleaned routes, placing bolts from stances that would make a gym climbers(male born) balls shrivel. I was complementing  Nelkins and JC on a newer 5.9 and was informed that the Kid(Barbella's) placed two of the bolts. Tuff Chix at 5.7 will put a look of concern on the brow of the leader, I mean what guy would want to bust an ankle/leg screwing up on a girl's route  :)

Great to see Squiddo and his kiddo. I knew even at 2 1/2, he had bonded with us when he shared his prize possession with me. Good hiker and scrambler.

Mud survived a half day of solo work to show up and comment "my grandma could place a bolt there", priceless. Tricia survived another day with/of the rest of us ::) She also Womaned up with a hammer. Vader was trying to bring down the Emperor with a brown rice booger. Waldo, what is happening?

Fat, Slim and No may be a good theme for this year.

There were a lot of climbers in Gulch Central yesterday. Even a Clint sighting.

The idea of adding "in bed" at the end of whatever your fortune reads was a new one to me. Fun times at the Panda Express.

Slightly sore hands and lazy Sunday musing with the sun just peeking out after the rain. Now one of my kids is knocking on the door.

Causing trouble when not climbing.

Tuff Chik

• Mudders
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2015, 01:35:55 PM »
This is going to be an interesting season. Ladies putting up routes and also trading for equal sections with the guys on non-precleaned routes, placing bolts from stances that would make a gym climbers(male born) balls shrivel. I was complementing  Nelkins and JC on a newer 5.9 and was informed that the Kid(Barbella's) placed two of the bolts. Tuff Chix at 5.7 will put a look of concern on the brow of the leader, I mean what guy would want to bust an ankle/leg screwing up on a girl's route  :)

Thanks for the laugh and the compliment! :D

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2015, 07:08:30 AM »
Thanks for the laugh and the compliment! Cheesy

Yep. Good route.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2015, 03:15:36 PM »

Great to see Squiddo and his kiddo. I knew even at 2 1/2, he had bonded with us when he shared his prize possession with me. Good hiker and scrambler.

Mud survived a half day of solo work to show up and comment "my grandma could place a bolt there", priceless. Tricia survived another day with/of the rest of us ::) She also Womaned up with a hammer. Vader was trying to bring down the Emperor with a brown rice booger. Waldo, what is happening?

Fat, Slim and No may be a good theme for this year.

There were a lot of climbers in Gulch Central yesterday. Even a Clint sighting.

The idea of adding "in bed" at the end of whatever your fortune reads was a new one to me. Fun times at the Panda Express.

Slightly sore hands and lazy Sunday musing with the sun just peeking out after the rain. Now one of my kids is knocking on the door.

Nice summary.

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2015, 09:32:50 PM »

Hey, my grandmothers got through the Great Depression. They were tough!  Clink, lots of King City work lately - I'm even teaching tomorrow! Are you folks headed out on Saturday or Sunday?

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2015, 08:17:04 AM »
waldo - watch for an email later today
One wheel shy of normal

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2016, 07:18:31 AM »
I just read a report that calls this the "first El Nino storm" of the season. Here in the central Sierra it predicts up to 15 inches of rain in the next 16 days!

Maybe J.C.'s doomsday predictions that Pinnacles season is "over" are true?  I sure hate it when he's right  :P

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2016, 08:13:23 AM »
I need a couple more days of sunshine.  I have two routes in the High Peaks that need to be completed since I have no idea if I will be around next year.
Here's to sweat in your eye

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2016, 10:17:39 AM »
I need a couple more days of sunshine.  I have two routes in the High Peaks that need to be completed since I have no idea if I will be around next year.

You really really need new tires. And they've been waiting for you at the tire center!
Inch by inch, I will get there.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2016, 11:26:36 AM »
yeah, will give a call.  Do they help with bolting pinnacles?

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »
Oh no! Not a compressor route at Pinns.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2016, 01:14:58 PM »
shh, do not tell...

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2016, 02:37:18 PM »
yeah, will give a call.  Do they help with bolting pinnacles?
Yes. It can get you to Pinnacles 5.11 minutes faster on the slippery wet roads so you can put 2% more routes up each visit.
Inch by inch, I will get there.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2016, 02:49:41 PM »

Yes. It can get you to Pinnacles 5.11 minutes faster on the slippery wet roads so you can put 2% more routes up each visit.

Very persuasive and compelling. Mudworm shoulda been a lawyer.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2016, 02:50:27 PM »
So your giving the green light to drive fast in the rain?  Sweet!
 >:D

on hold for 45 minutes.  They have no opening until after I leave for Wa for two weeks.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2016, 04:11:45 AM »

Ha! Missed this yesterday.

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2016, 08:45:41 PM »
Do you hear that incessant, intermittent pitter patter on your roof?
Have you looked at the long term forecast for the next few weeks?
The season is OVER. We are truly destined to be Masters of Mud.

One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2016, 08:49:37 PM »
Sunday is bolting weather

eEDIT:their will be fre 's have tires so we should get 10% more bolting