November 24, 2017, 12:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For weather forecast for Pinnacles, click here.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: !!!Self Registration has been closed!!!  (Read 8695 times)
mudworm
Head Mistress

« on: September 22, 2015, 09:57:55 AM »

Sorry that the site went offline again briefly this morning, which may have resulted in a few broken monitors and coffee mugs. It's for a different reason than what happened one day ago. We were notified following :

I am writing in regards to your domain, mudncrud.com/forums, which was identified as the cause of instability on your shared web server. ... We found that your SMF site was getting hit hard with spambot user registrations and spam posts. We may be forced to disable it in a more permanent manner if it continues to cause problems.

We still welcome new members, but currently, registration will have to be done by referrals. If you meet somebody you want to introduce to the forum, please get their email address and PM or email us with their information so we can add the new member here. We have to take this measure to avoid a site shutdown by the hosting service.

Inch by inch, I will get there.
mungeclimber
Mr. BLL

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »

That doesn't sound right. Are you on a fixed IP?

On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge
mudworm
Head Mistress

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 06:41:46 PM »

Self registration is currently reopened in the next day or two in case anyone visiting wants to weigh in on the current discussion topic.

JC w KC redux
AgentOrange

my density has brought me to you...

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 07:35:20 PM »

Carrots are my favorite!  madman
mudworm
Head Mistress

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 08:30:04 PM »

Hi JC, I understand every word of your short sentence, but I still don't understand what you are trying to express except I get that you were mad. I even called Mr. Mud to ask him, but still do not have a confident answer. If for whatever reason I offended you, I apologize.

The forum has been positioned (even mentioned in the guidebook) to be a discussion forum on topics related to Pinnacles. The registration should have always been open, but the spam traffic was alarming our hosting service and we have not had time to do much about it. Sorry about the inconvenience to all.

NOAL
Mudders

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 08:39:19 PM »

Hmm. He does like carrots. 
JC w KC redux
AgentOrange

my density has brought me to you...

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 10:11:41 PM »

Hmm. He does like carrots. 

Precisely! Cool
clink
Pin Heads

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 06:11:39 AM »

Thanks for all the behind the scenes work. Carrie had a charge made in Washington on her card last month, WTH?

Causing trouble when not climbing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: