Author Topic: Official Pinnacles Climber Appreciation Days Thread  (Read 40843 times)

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
Re: Official Pinnacles Climber Appreciation Days Thread
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 09:00:15 PM »
LOL

NEVAR!!!  :)
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 09:05:25 PM »
so you're saying your climbing gear is up for grabs?

cool! F4, we ride at dawn!

DIE
Here's to sweat in your eye

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 07:06:04 AM »
Which means I'll be spending a lot less time there.... but I still have a tick list left to finish and a new route to finish equipping.

I promise to save any new routes 5.14b or harder for KQ.

Maybe rap bolting will be kosher by the time I get back to it.  Wink

It is wise to question. Some things we are told are nonsense.

Jack and Jill went UP(?) the hill.

Meaning and origins[edit]
The rhyme has traditionally been seen as a nonsense verse, particularly as the couple go up a hill to find water, which is often thought to be found at the bottom of hills.

Whatever you are up or down for, best of luck.

Causing trouble when not climbing.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2015, 07:36:28 AM »
you will be missed.

Much good mojo to you on your adventures.
and

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2015, 05:33:49 PM »

We're also in the midst of moving out of Monterey so I will no longer be semi-local to the Pinnacles. Which means I'll be spending a lot less time there.

Oh wow, that's a serious bummer for us. Can I ask where you're going to?

kylequeener

• Mudders
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2015, 08:32:43 PM »
Oh wow, that's a serious bummer for us. Can I ask where you're going to?

It's either brilliant or foolish... but we don't know. Hopefully a place devoid of rattle snakes.

And also we are testing the limits of our 9 year relationship by climbing a wall together. Send some seriously good, positive and patient vibes.  ;D

Which also makes me think maybe someone on this forum may have a double portaledge I could borrow? I had loaner one secured but then lost it... Kinda sucks. Thinking about ordering one while I still have pro-deals but would still love to see if I even like walls before I buy one.

kylequeener

• Mudders
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2015, 08:36:37 PM »
I promise to save any new routes 5.14b or harder for KQ.

I'd take as low as 13b... but only if you bolted it pure stance...

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2015, 05:28:16 AM »
And also we are testing the limits of our 9 year relationship by climbing a wall together. Send some seriously good, positive and patient vibes.  Grin

Yep, some walls can induce not pleasant interactions. Geoff and I have had a coupe doozies. If I were to dig the hammer out of the bottom of the pig and knock Caleb on the head with it, is it still a hammerless ascent?
 We can argue and bitch and stay friends. :)

The gang is camping/climbing this thurs at Yosemite. I'll ask Caleb about his ledge.

I'd take as low as 13b... but only if you bolted it pure stance...

Not happening at Pinns without levitating, which is cheating. Aid that is later freed is the "acceptable" method of GU ascent at those ratings.

Causing trouble when not climbing.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2015, 06:26:30 AM »

It's either brilliant or foolish...

Which also makes me think maybe someone on this forum may have a double portaledge I could borrow?

Sometimes these go hand in hand.

I have a single you can borrow.  

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2015, 06:13:27 PM »
where is Jake M. these days...he has one.
I'm not worthy.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2015, 07:43:49 PM »
Wow Kyle, are you doing an extended road trip for a while? I'll bet you could live a lot, lot cheaper on the road than in Monterey.

Good luck with the wall and with the travels. If you make it by here, we've got extra room and you'd be welcome to a meal and a shower.

kylequeener

• Mudders
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2015, 08:14:13 PM »
Wow Kyle, are you doing an extended road trip for a while? I'll bet you could live a lot, lot cheaper on the road than in Monterey.

Good luck with the wall and with the travels. If you make it by here, we've got extra room and you'd be welcome to a meal and a shower.

Yes, my girlfriend and I are leaving our jobs and hitting the road in search for what is next. Back to school maybe? We can't decide so we're forcing ourselves out of our current lives and heading out in hope that an adventure of sorts becomes the catalyst to what is next. We just got done selling most of our possessions and will be homeless in less than two days.

Our plan isn't much of a plan. But I did just get a double portaledge for our trip so we're stoked now. Last big piece of the puzzle.

I would love to make it to the appreciation days but I guess I'll just have to make sure I get to the Masters of Mud event in the Spring. I will undoubtedly continue to troll this forum until I make return to choss-landia.

Thanks for the hospitality Brad. We'll have to get up there sometime. Maybe in the Spring.

Bruce Hildenbrand

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2015, 08:43:45 PM »
I am leading a trash pick up team on Saturday.  We will proceed up Condor Gulch then split into two teams with one hitting the High Peaks Trail the other down to Juniper Canyon and back up to the High Peaks at the junction.  We will re-unite and head down the High Peaks Trail then the Rim Trail and back through Bear Gulch (where Gavin and his crew will have picked up everything before we get there:-))

Those who love bushwhacking are strongly encouraged to attend.

It also looks like I will be helping cook the dinner so unless you want the chef to spit on your food be nice to me:-)

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2015, 10:57:44 PM »
I never got any registration follow up, so I guess I'm not able to play in all the reindeer games. :(

I'll be around with a lone trash bag setting up ropes with Kalen and showing my buddy how to do some anchors, and will look to say hi to folks.

cheers,
Munge

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2015, 11:46:14 AM »

I never got any registration follow up, so I guess I'm not able to play in all the reindeer games. :(

I'll be around with a lone trash bag setting up ropes with Kalen and showing my buddy how to do some anchors, and will look to say hi to folks.

In my experience, if you show up Friday or Saturday to any of the trails work sites, you'll be welcomed with open arms (and a shovel with which to work). That is true regardless of whether you are registered (I think registration is most crucial for the camping arrangements, and I assume you are not camping).

I could be wrong though, I leave the organizational details to those who are more skilled at that sort of thing.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2015, 05:21:31 PM »
Sunday??
I'm not worthy.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »
This year Sunday is a planned climbing day. I'll bet some people continue with trail work, but those who've worked already will climb.

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2015, 08:16:01 AM »
yes. Sunday was my plan seeing how I didn't see anything identifying work days on the registration form. I thought there would be two work days, seeing how I'm not a lazy sot. ;)

Larry got me squared up, but then I just found out that I have to take care of house remodel project work. So I'm out, once again, and have to bail on Kalen. :(

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 05:09:17 PM »
I just found out that I have to take care of house remodel project work.

Do tell? I thought your place in Santa Clara was all squared away.

I'm not worthy.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2015, 07:23:14 AM »
Speaking of Squares - Brad climbed our new route No Room for Squares yesterday and another new route we had just finished - Out to Lunch. We'll make these public later in the "season". Right now KC and Alacia are working on the first all female FA at Pinns. Alacia placed the second bolt from a slabby stance yesterday :)

Thanks to everyone for participating in the work day.

Shout out to Callahan, Kayla, Connie, Fletcher and Logan.

One wheel shy of normal