Author Topic: Inactive member looking to climb.  (Read 22183 times)

Atomizer

• Atomized
Inactive member looking to climb.
« on: October 03, 2015, 10:38:32 PM »
Greetings Chosslings!

I'm an old inactive member of this forum just looking for someone to climb with at Pinnacles this week, not interested in entering into any of philochossical disillusion that often runs rampant in here. Just looking to get pumped out on Bear Gulch Classics but open to other more adventurous ideas too. I can lead at least 5.9 on shit rock and often better on medium or harder rocksf. I have my own rack of quadruples to #4 camalot and l also have a really nice set of 15 clipdraws. But I dont have a rope or slings, I prefer to fall on rope other peoples ropes and slings... there expensive. I can drive from Santa Croce, but my car is diesel and polutes 40x more than yours, so I'd prefer to ride in your car too unless you dont care about the envoironmant. I have much stoke to go any day Monday-Thursday.  Let me know.

One other thing... you have to be ok with laughing a lot, often at yourself and sometimes at me  

F4?

• unworthy
Re: Inactive member looking to climb.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 07:41:14 AM »
Welcome back......I have a rope that's been gathering dust for a few years....as Joes says it's a consumable. I have 2x strings that have to come with me....they don't bite, they complain, but Mr. IPAD sooths that.

Beware, using Mr. Mud's rope, is my older lead rope. I don't recall too many big falls.

That whole Diesel thing is one big plot to end Diesel in the US......the fix will get you 20MPG and you'll accelerate slower than a VW Bus.
And then someone will offer a chip for us to mass pollute again.

;D
I'm not worthy.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 01:52:41 PM »
the vw thing made me laugh.
Here's to sweat in your eye

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 04:43:38 PM »
the vw thing made me laugh.
Diesel doubter!!
I'm not worthy.

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »
wish I could, but I'm hoping for wet granite (is that weird?).

clipdraw4lyfe.com
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 05:10:45 AM »
Glad yer back! I had the flu all weekend and work is busy now, so none choss till next weekend.

not interested in entering into any of philochossical disillusion

From the great pot stirrer?  ;D Ha ha! Both hands on the large ladle.

And I was contemplating buying a new(not used) rope.

Causing trouble when not climbing.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 08:01:00 AM »
Are you only around for this week, or are you living back in the area?

For philochossical reasons of my own I'm not interested in starting the Pinns season this early. However, I'd find time during the week in some other week after the end of October. Any interest in continuing our rebolting efforts on Resurrection Wall (if you are around for a longer period of time)?

Atomizer

• Atomized
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 09:02:39 AM »
I'm just around until maybe Sunday this week. Than back to The Eastern slopes where I don't have to smog check my vehicle.  I actually have a rope that is in good condition. I don't use old or worn out gear, I guess I have some Squidoo in me.

I'll probably be back sometime soon. But no clue when. Its likely that i will miss the trails weekend this year... sadly.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 09:08:01 AM »

Its likely that i will miss the trails weekend this year... sadly.

Now that is a real bummer. Both years so far your trail work experience and your energy have been fantastic (plus who'll keep Joe cut down to size if you're not there to do it?).

Atomizer

• Atomized
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 01:00:19 PM »
Now that is a real bummer. Both years so far your trail work experience and your energy have been fantastic (plus who'll keep Joe cut down to size if you're not there to do it?).

Statement subject to change...

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 11:16:26 PM »
I'd be game for bashing some bolts on resurrection wall. the only condition is the new ones are placed where you can clip them.

(plus who'll keep Joe cut down to size if you're not there to do it?)
Well I was leaning towards going the event...now I have a purpose?
I'm not worthy.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 08:32:19 AM »
Yes, you have a purpose.

joe

• Mudders
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 02:42:17 PM »
do I need to be cut down in size?  honest feedback welcome, PM me...don't want to alienate folk.....

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 02:47:47 PM »

do I need to be cut down in size?  honest feedback welcome, PM me...don't want to alienate folkā€¦..

No PMs necessary. Of course you need to be cut down to size. Just like any normal person who goes and and gets it like you do (so include me in the list of people that need cutting down to size too)  ;D

I said that totally tongue in cheek. As you well know, you and I and Adam have been on the same work crews a few times, and I love hearing you two razz each other (and I fear what you two say about me when I'm not in earshot!!).

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 07:58:23 PM »
do I need to be cut down in size?  honest feedback welcome, PM me...don't want to alienate folk.....

Hey, you posted!

Glad your back  : )

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 08:00:03 PM »
Joe, is that you?

Are we sure its the real Joe?
I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 04:44:50 AM »
 Too funny. Now we know how to get a hold of Joe.  Hints of slander on an Atomizer thread.
  :)   ;D  >:D

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 04:54:22 AM »
 An open podium roasting at each gathering for a particular climber is a great idea. Save Brad's for a few years though. While a weeks prep will suffice for most of you, I want ample time to prepare for his roasting, oh my stars.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 05:47:30 AM »

An open podium roasting at each gathering for a particular climber is a great idea. Save Brad's for a few years though. While a weeks prep will suffice for most of you, I want ample time to prepare for his roasting, oh my stars.

You know, the boy hits 50 (seems older though - must be all the wisdom oozing from his pores)....

joe

• Mudders
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 06:47:31 AM »
are the Pinnacles open for climbing?  is it less than 100 degrees in the shade?
DES:  I still owe you a bevy.......you going to trail work on Friday?  I'll miss the Saturday gathering (Bridge School Benefit every year), but could work Friday.....