Author Topic: Mud Addict-In-Training  (Read 29353 times)

looks easy from here

• Mudders
Re: Mud Addict-In-Training
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2017, 08:51:58 PM »
The Dawsons and I used to talk about whether climbing crags were "Alex friendly." In other words, how was the approach for a little boy? How about the base (no nearby cliffs to fall off)?

Obviously he's grown past that stage. "Calvin friendly" seems like an apt replacement  ;)

Yep. Though what qualifies as "Calvin friendly" changes with who's looking at it. I expect my definition and my wife's definition don't overlap 100%...  :biggrin:

A couple weekends ago we accidentally went on "free admission" day, but the little trooper was as patient as ever, and after about an hour in line we finally rolled in to the Chaparral Parking Lot and once again got lucky with getting a close spot. A quick snack to refuel and we were on our way.

There's a metaphor in here somewhere.

Hamming it up.

Action shot.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2017, 09:47:21 PM »
Calvin the mighty hiker.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2017, 02:50:37 PM »

clink and I were talking and he said he is going to have to do 10 pull-ups or 1 extended hang for every keystroke he types on the forum. That means he is either going to get into really good shape or we aren't going to hear from him much any more  :lol:
One wheel shy of normal

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2017, 09:17:20 PM »
how many pull ups do photos count for?  he could communicate through images but they are so small........

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2017, 06:15:57 AM »

Hi

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2017, 08:14:10 AM »
dead hangs are easier on the elbows
Here's to sweat in your eye

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2017, 08:17:52 AM »

...or we aren't going to hear from him much any more  :lol:

I certainly hope that this will not be the case.

One of the recent pleasures of my mornings has been signing on to Mudn'Crud and seeing Jon's early, early morning posts. The fun comes from imagining him (quietly) giggling to himself as he posts his frequent nuggets while everyone else is asleep at 5:30 a.m.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2017, 08:34:36 AM »
The fun comes from imagining him (quietly) giggling to himself as he posts his frequent nuggets while everyone else is asleep at 5:30 a.m.

He's pure evil... :devildevil: :devildevil: :devildevil:...and Kat's up  :lol:
One wheel shy of normal

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2017, 08:46:46 AM »

...and Kat's up  :lol:

I kinda meant in his house; he's awake and up to no good while the normal family members are still asleep....

JC w KC redux

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2017, 08:59:03 AM »
I kinda meant in his house; he's awake and up to no good while the normal family members are still asleep....

I thought you were referring to The Sleeping Inn Crowd  :lol:
One wheel shy of normal

looks easy from here

• Mudders
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2018, 07:09:33 PM »
Between Photobucket's greed and my laziness finding a new hosting site I've fallen a bit behind, but thanks Clint for posting on the Taco that Photobucket's come to it's senses. So, a few quick hits from the last year.

Lunch on the terrace of the Balconies last fall. We got quite a show from the condors that day.

Excited about a natural tunnel on the Westside, approaching the cave. He liked the caves more than his mama did!  :D

Excited about a mammade tunnel on the Eastside, on the way to the reservoir (he made it all the way there and halfway back before Daddy's Sherpa Service had to shoulder the load, pun very definitely intended).

Spotting a highball. We tried getting him on a rope that day, but he wasn't keen on that. He loves bouldering, though. I can't believe I'm raising a pebble wrestler.  :frown2:

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2018, 07:40:32 PM »
Hey, hey, hey, nice to see both of you back.

That kid's getting out a fair amount!

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2018, 07:46:24 PM »
He's quite a bit taller too!

On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

looks easy from here

• Mudders
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2018, 07:54:11 PM »
Thanks. I was hoping to make MoM back in March, but found out I was committed to Modesto that weekend, and until last week ochem had been occupying most of my forum time.

And I like it, Mom likes it, he likes it; win-win-win situation. We try to get out somewhere at least once a week.

Tall enough to go on every ride at Disneyland except one (no, I don't know which one, you'd have to ask my brother and his wife-they're responsible for fulfilling that part of his childhood  ;D).

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
Nice to see what you are doing with the mud addict in training!

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2018, 05:59:37 AM »
Good pics, thanks. 
Here's to sweat in your eye

looks easy from here

• Mudders
Re: Mud Addicts-In-Training
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2018, 08:45:22 PM »
Scouting False Flatiron for potential family climbing finally got us back out (spoiler alert: it looks great; thanks John and Kathy).

For the first time ever I finally saw some of these guys (gals?) Now I just need to catch a horny toad.

I stand by this backpack as the best baby purchase I made. From 4 months to now nearly 4 years he's logged hundreds of miles in it.

Picnic time.

It doesn't quite come through in the pic, but when I stepped back from him here it looked like he had absolutely wild exposure.

This is a pretty spot-on reenactment of my blowing the approach via Pinch or Lynch Wall. We went back over the top past Scout Peak and it went much better.

I asked him to count how many rocks he saw. Fortunately he stopped at 10, because I can personally vouch he can make it to at least 107.

And then there's this. Before too long I'll have to figure out how to edit the whole thread's title to plural.  ;D

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2018, 09:22:20 PM »
Grats!!
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2018, 06:33:52 AM »

Is that last pic bouldering a V7 dyno?

Congratulations!

Nice to get an update on the Mud Addict.

Tuff Chik

• Mudders
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2018, 07:38:09 AM »
Congrats!  Looks like you guys are having fun out there.  The backpack looks like it might be the same one my friends Laura and Jesse purchased.   I know they bought an Osprey and I have used it to carry Kim and it is so comfy.