Author Topic: In need of a ropegun  (Read 5046 times)

the Kid

• LoadStone Lovers
Re: In need of a ropegun
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 11:38:39 PM »
Thanks for the invite! I'm in Red Rocks with my pops until Sunday. I'm down, if you're going out the following weekend.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 08:08:55 AM »
Enjoy RR, say hi and we will be out both weekends.
Here's to sweat in your eye

kylequeener

• Mudders
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 06:34:15 PM »
Fresh choss you say???

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »
Kyle, if you're still around a computer, give us a quick rundown on how the extended road trip has gone. You guys are in Bishop now?

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 08:05:37 PM »
Fresh choss.  Fresh steep choss in places.  Trying to start out on the not so steep to get some finger strength back for the good stuff.

Yo-so-mighty

• Lichen It
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 08:32:54 PM »
I will be terrorizing Discovery Wall tomorrow. Which potentially leaves Sunday available, if you're desperate. Also a heads up to anyone interested, I will be starting a small shopping center in Soledad this week which will keep me busy into February some time. Plenty of opportunities to break away in the afternoon for a quick hit.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 07:42:32 AM »
Just read this today. 

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 10:28:25 AM »
One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 10:56:19 AM »
Putting a summary here just to have it in the original thread.

Went up Sunday with Gavin and Noal.  Thankfully it was not quite as cold as Friday.  Gavin tied in and lead up to the crux then shook out.  He lead up past the high bolt into the crux and into the realm of the moss and mud.  It looked like he was going to get it first try when he popped off.  Two or three tries later he pulled onto the stance that is about 5 or 6 feet above the crux bolt.  After a bit of digging he got in two good hooks and placed the new high bolt.  After that he moved up higher to a good ledge that is about 95 feet off the ground and 10 or so above his previous bolt.  He put in one bolt then lowered off while cleaning up a bit.  We then went and sat in the sun and ate a bit.  After that I went up and followed to the high point and put in a second anchor bolt.  While I rapped and cleaned Gavin and Noal started what will be the fourth route in this area.  Once I was down Gavin lead through to the anchors.  Then Noal followed with a couple of hangs at the crux.  I then took my turn and got the route clean.

The route still needs a bit of brushing but is fairly clean.  Difficulty is 10d or so, we probably need a couple more people to lead to get a good consensus.  I think the route should get one or two stars since it has some fun moves and the rock quality is fairly good.  Tentatively we are going with Cutting the Rug but that might change.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »
Gavin did a great job!  It's a fun route with superb rock that builds up nicely to the crux.  I was really surprised how well the crux cleaned up and the fun sequence to get over the headwall/bulge.  

Gavin

• Gavin Emmons Photography
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 03:13:56 PM »
I agree with Mr Mud and Noal - it's a nice route on great rock, definitely worth a couple stars in my opinion. The first time I popped off the attempt at the crux was due to a handhold blowing out. The crux is still challenging but way cleaner now. It should get even better with more folks climbing it.

It was a fun and productive day. I look forward to more work out there!