Author Topic: Anyone here climb at The Hand today (11/30)?  (Read 2583 times)

looks easy from here

• Mudders
Anyone here climb at The Hand today (11/30)?
« on: November 30, 2015, 08:35:44 PM »
Or know someone who did?

On my way back to the car around 3 I saw someone on Love Line (I think) from across the valley and shot a half dozen pics of them. None of them are Ansel Adams (I just have a little point-and-shoot and was on the move), but the angle's cool and I though it might be a nice variety from the typical butt shot most climbers get. If anyone can ID and is interested I'll gladly send them the set.

Over-taxed zoom pic:

A couple of the other pics are quite a bit better, but I think this one gives the best chance to recognize the climber.

Gavin

• Gavin Emmons Photography
Re: Anyone here climb at The Hand today (11/30)?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 10:24:17 PM »
Yeah, I ran into those two guys at Discovery Wall in late morning. They asked about Love Line and I strongly recommended the route to them... Looks like they headed out there after all. I never caught their names, and the taller of the two guys (the one in the pic, I think) said this was only their second time at the Pinns. If I see them again I'll give them my email and let you know so you can send me your photos.

looks easy from here

• Mudders
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 10:04:03 AM »
Thanks Gavin. Sounds like it's a longshot, but hopefully you'll cross paths again.

Aaron McDonald

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 11:05:11 AM »
I spoke with one of these guys at the gym last night.  I see him again I will tell him about the pictures.

looks easy from here

• Mudders
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 11:10:53 AM »
One step closer! Thanks Aaron.

Feel free to give him my email: meatplanet@yahoo.com.  I'll try to remember to keep an eye on it (I'm hopelessly irresponsible about reading my emails unless I'm expecting something).

Aaron McDonald

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 05:08:41 PM »
Drew and his partner were at the gym last night and told them about the photos.  He will be contacting you soon!

looks easy from here

• Mudders
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 10:39:26 PM »
Fantastic! Thanks again for helping put us in touch.