Author Topic: My broth-uh from anoth-uh moth-uh...  (Read 8361 times)

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
My broth-uh from anoth-uh moth-uh...
« on: December 22, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »
Happy birthday to one of the coolest dudes I know :)
One wheel shy of normal

Brad Young

• Grand Master
Re: My broth-uh from anoth-uh moth-uh...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »
You do know that Kathy, Katie and Laura were all laughing at us about being "brothers from another mother?" Behind our backs, laughing.

Personally, I think I'm much, much smarter and better looking. Taller too. Stronger. And modest; really, really modest.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »
Happy Birthday
Here's to sweat in your eye

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »
Happy Birthday.  You are always right today only.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 06:05:01 PM »
Happy Birthday!

Now go clear the driveway!
I'm not worthy.

mj

• Lichen It
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 06:41:53 PM »
Happy Birthday!

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 06:45:50 PM »
Thanks for the wishes. I'm 187 years old today, but I really don't feel a day over 55.

Work for part of the day, then the girls and I went to the new Star Wars, and then brought food home to eat.

And no driveway clearing tonight - it turned to rain here yesterday and isn't supposed to get cold again for 24 hours.

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 07:19:47 PM »
I guess the force is with you already. Happy birthday anyway!

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 07:38:22 PM »
happy birthday!!

Tuff Chik

• Mudders
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 09:09:37 PM »
Happy Birthday Dude! 

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 11:41:57 PM »
Happy Bday!
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 06:17:15 AM »
 Senor Young senior. Post up your first dozen discounts.

I looked a few up for you.

Discount for Seniors: Most McDonald's locations provide senior citizens and people over age 55 with discounted coffee and beverages. McDonald's franchises are independently owned and operated, so participation and senior discount offers can vary from store to store.

Get a 55+ Pass — Great Options for Arlingtonians of a Certain Age

Starting July 1, you will have two options for enjoying discounted access to engaging programs, classes, trips and access to Arlington County’s fitness facilities.

55+ Pass entitles you to bimonthly issues of the 55+ GUIDE and access to fun and engaging programs, classes and trips. (This pass formerly included limited access to County fitness facilities.
55+ GOLD Pass gives you all the benefits of the regular pass plus access to all of the County’s fitness equipment any time a fitness facility is open.
55+ Pass   55+ Gold Pass
Arlington County resident   $20   $60
Arlington County household   $30   $90
Non-Arlington County resident   $45   $90
Non-Arlington County household   $65   $135

Why’d we make the change?  While most 55+ Pass members don’t access the fitness option, those that did wanted a wider selection of sites and hours. Instead of raising the rates for all, we’ve combined the Senior Adult Fitness membership with the 55+ Pass to create the new 55+ Gold Pass.

FAQs

If you have a 55+ Pass and don’t want access to the fitness facilities, there is nothing you need to do. Your rates don’t change and your pass doesn’t need to be upgraded.
If you are a 55+ Pass member and would like access to Arlington’s fitness facilities any time they are open, you will need to upgrade your membership to a 55+ Gold Pass. You can do this the next time you come to the gym or any of our center’s customer service desks. You can also call 703-228-4747 to make it happen.  The County has prorated the upgrade based on the number of months you have left on your 55+ Pass. Please upgrade by September 1 to maintain access to fitness facilities.
If you are a Senior Adult Fitness member, you don’t have to do anything. Arlington County will prorate your membership and put a credit in your account that you can use for classes, trips or renewing your pass.
Welcome Newcomers and Visitors!

Visitors are welcome to stop by during scheduled senior center hours to check out our programs and facilities.  Center staff and volunteers will help you observe activities to see if they are what you are looking for.  Some programs, such as special-event meals and exercise classes, require pre-paid registration in advance.

How to register for the 55+ Pass:

Register or renew an existing membership online. You will need a log-in ID and password to use the online system and pay with a credit card. Call 703-228-4744 with questions.
Call 703-228-4744 or go to Lubber Run Community Center
Register at a senior center
Download Registration Form  and mail it in

Senior Discounts On Prescriptions

senior discounts on prescriptions
AARP:  With the AARP Prescription Discount Card (provided by Catamaran), AARP members and their families can access an average savings of 38% off prescription drugs (regardless of age or health status).  Must be a member of AARP to access benefits.  AARP boasts acceptance by 64,000 pharmacies nationwide.

Rite Aid:  Sign up for the Rite Aid Rx Savings Program.  Save 15% or more on thousands of brand name and generic prescription drugs1 by signing up for the Rite Aid Rx Savings Program. When you sign up, you’ll receive Rx Savings Card that gives you access to special discounts at Rite Aid pharmacy.

CVS Pharmacy:  Enroll in the CVS Pharmacy Health Savings Pass program. It’s easy and costs only $15 annually (per person). Whether you have limited prescription insurance or no coverage at all, you can sign up and start saving immediately.  This is not an insurance plan, it’s a prescription savings program. Under this program you can also receive 10% off MinuteClinic services inside select CVS/pharmacy stores.

Walgreens Prescription Savings Club:  Another great option for folks without insurance coverage. Walgreens Prescription Savings Club members get special discounts off the cash price of thousands of brand-name and generic medications as well as other benefits when they use their Prescription Savings Club Card. Additionally, if you don’t save at least the cost of your membership fee in one year, Walgreens will give you the difference.

Kmart:  The Prescription Savings Club at Kmart can be yours for a $10 enrollment fee.  You and the family are then covered  for certain generic drugs (starting at $5 for a 30-day supply and starting at $10 for a 90-day supply) * View Drug List.  In additional you’ll receive savings on non-preferred generics up to 65%, as well as 20% off brand name medications.  20% savings on flu immunizations and 10% savings on all other immunizations (e.g. shingles, whooping cough, hepatitis A&B, etc.).  You can even get discounts on pet medications with a prescription from your vet.

Target:  The Target Prescription Savings Program entitles seniors (and others in the household) savings of 10-50% on prescription medications (off of retail). One membership works for everyone in your household, and you can use your card at any (Target) Pharmacy.  In addition if you sign up for Target’s Pharmacy Rewards, and fill five eligible prescriptions, you’ll get a certificate for 5% off a day of shopping.  (Hey, every penny counts!)

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 06:28:11 AM »
 BTW, I just realized as I was checking the water temp in the tub that you are officially an oxymoron now. Also I highly recommend a hot soaking in a bath each morning. Afterward you will feel supple.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 07:47:42 AM »

Senor Young senior. Post up your first dozen discounts.

I looked a few up for you.

Maybe you are Ruthless after all?

And I'd rather be an oxymoron than the other kind.

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 08:55:50 AM »
BTW, I just realized as I was checking the water temp in the tub that you are officially an oxymoron now. Also I highly recommend a hot soaking in a bath each morning. Afterward you will feel supple.

clink - Must be why your brain is swollen.

Geezus - I could die of old age before I read through all that other discount crap you posted.
I'll have to wait until I'm retired or at least REALLY bored. 
One wheel shy of normal

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 04:41:31 PM »
All hail the master of Smack.....Clink.

Btw, the bonus of Mc Donald's is they have free WiFi.

So you can have your discounted coffee and Post up on the form.

Win- Win.
I'm not worthy.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 05:30:01 PM »

All hail the master of Smack.....Clink.

Btw, the bonus of Mc Donald's is they have free WiFi.

So you can have your discounted coffee and Post up on the form.

Win- Win.

I think McDonald's foot is broken?

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 06:20:29 PM »
The truth of the matter is I have been asked by young people who desperately need to see the optometrist, if I qualify for the senior discount. This has happened twice now, or was it three times? 

I worked with Geoff the last 2 days. The banter is fun. The client ( a political cartoonist) joined in for a while.

the Kid

• LoadStone Lovers
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 08:28:17 AM »
Happy late birthday, Brad!

I think McDonald's foot is broken?

And I'm sorry.....