Author Topic: VD Weekend!!  (Read 29141 times)

Killer K

• LoadStone Lovers
VD Weekend!!
« on: February 05, 2016, 06:30:36 PM »
The weather is looking good for VD weekend! Do you guys think it's all good to go?

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
Re: VD Weekend!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:36:27 PM »
Listen to Rollins and DO IT!

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 06:53:16 PM »
it is good.  Time to go

Do It
Here's to sweat in your eye

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 01:35:02 PM »
Yeah, looking like a nice weekend to go diving.

But do not fret, Squiddo and I will go up to Mr Mud's new secret location on Friday to soft brush the routes for him.

That or aid Ranger Bolts.
I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 06:17:01 PM »
F4 is incorrigible ;)

Do a flipper  and mask ascent of Ranger bolts, I'll belay.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 12:37:18 PM »
 - When moss is good

I was taking the bolt apart in order to put a hanger on the bolt when I drop the screw cap.  I had two bolts, I needed one where I was and one more for the top.  I said something like ,”f*ck I dropped the cap”, as I watched the cap drop away into the chimney below and in the general location where Nelkins was sitting 40 feet or so below me, the ground was another 100 feet below Nelkins.  I pulled out the second bolt, took it apart and started putting the hanger on when I heard Nelkins from down below say “I felt it hit my leg”.  We had about 15 feet of climbing before the summit where we had planned to use the second bolt to get down.  Right about the time I finished putting in the bolt and I heard Nelkins say “ I found it”.  The cap had buried itself in the deep layer of moss between his legs (somehow that does not sound right).

We topped out enjoyed the summit for a bit, put in the last bolt and rapped down.  OCD Overdrive, 5.7, some count of bolts, some gear, lots of moss, good views, new summit, good weather, good day.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 01:37:43 PM »
The cap had buried itself in the deep layer moss between his legs (somehow that does not sound right).
Sometimes not manscaping er...I mean not landscaping/gardening does pay off.

Other highlights of the day were a performance by the ass-hat with the drum accompanied by  some kind of horn on top of the Anvil, condors kickin' it on top of Shades of Jade, waving at hikers on the high peaks trail from the moss belay, and the chair that someone put on the trail by the disco wall with a journal hikers and climbers could sign.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 01:56:01 PM »
The best show may have been the guy and the gal passionately making out on the side of the trail.  Perhaps they did not notice us up above.  Unfortunately three hikers came down the trail and caused a stoppage.  I really like the parting words as the two groups passed.  One guy in the group as they walked away said " have a good day".  I could not help but think, "they have that covered".

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 02:22:41 PM »
"HEY! Take it in the tunnel!"  We should name the wall Voyeur Crag.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 02:43:39 PM »
I like it

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 03:32:28 PM »
Please Take a Seat

Nelkins Sitting

The wildflowers are coming

End of the day

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 03:54:39 PM »
I would take that seat home.

I mean, c'mon, it says TAKE IT! ;)
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 04:04:13 PM »
I thought about relocating it to the top of pinch and lynch.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 05:49:05 PM »
What horror, a comfy chair with no cold beer??
I'm not worthy.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 07:08:14 PM »
There was no sign on the chair today. Just the box that said open me. No way I was opening that sucker.
We went to Hanging Valley today - minus KC home sick. :-[
One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 08:05:27 PM »
Get well KC

JC w KC redux

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 02:01:45 PM »
Get well KC

She is sounding a bit better today - fever is gone and she's managed to stay at work. It is REALLY unusual for her to be this sick for this long.

Me on the other hand - pun intended - I'm having a severe reaction to the PO Brad and I accidentally got into last Monday. I went to the doc today and he gave me a shot of cortisone and Rx's for Prednisone, Keflex and anti bacterial ointment to prevent or cure any chance of infection. My hand was so swollen yesterday when clink and I were out that I could hardly see my first knuckles. clink was worried I might have an infection on top of the allergic reaction. Evidently the doctor didn't want to take a chance - so we are hitting all the potential problems while maximizing my recovery. Maybe now people will understand why I am so paranoid of the evil itchies. I barely got into the stuff.

My whole left arm from knuckles almost to the elbow is inflamed

I wore a long sleeve sweatshirt and gloves all day. I have a few small patches elsewhere but no where near as bad as my arm. I am oozing with hope that this swell situation won't last too many more days.

The blistering started a few days ago. I put both hands/arms out to show the swelling.

One wheel shy of normal

JC w KC redux

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 02:23:19 PM »
We topped out enjoyed the summit for a bit, put in the last bolt and rapped down.  OCD Overdrive, 5.7, some count of bolts, some gear, lots of moss, good views, new summit, good weather, good day.

Not sure how I missed this. So you're still Humping Lizards? - but this time in a chimney where no one will find the body :yikes:

OCD Overdrive, 5.7, some count of bolts, some gear

Not sure how you came up with this name unless it is referencing someone else.  :D

Other highlights of the day were a performance by the ass-hat with the drum accompanied by  some kind of horn on top of the Anvil

Nice - the band is coming together - maybe a washboard, spoons and a juice harp next?  :ihih:
One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 03:17:39 PM »
Ack, take care of the arm.  I have had similar reactions to PO.

Yep, still at.

That OCD Overdrive somehow came up in a conversation and I knew at that moment it had to be a route name.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »
Ack, take care of the arm.  I have had similar reactions to PO.

Yep, still at.

That OCD Overdrive somehow came up in a conversation and I knew at that moment it had to be a route name.

Thanks dude.
I guess I can't complain since you are actually putting some bolts on your routes now  ;D
If you really want to be OCD - Assemble all your bolts and hangers - then check them at least twice before and after you put them in the bag  :D
One wheel shy of normal