Author Topic: WARM BODY NEeDED FOR BELAY  (Read 3037 times)

beanolar

• Mudders
WARM BODY NEeDED FOR BELAY
« on: February 12, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »
Need a partner for tomorrow 2-13
Will be odd person out w JC and KC.

Join us!!!!

Hanging valley, right Juan?

East side

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
Re: WARM BODY NEeDED FOR BELAY
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 07:14:08 PM »
we will most likely be at our usual spot if anyone is interested.
Here's to sweat in your eye

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 07:32:32 PM »
we will most likely be at our usual spot if anyone is interested.

What will you be wearing?
I'm not worthy.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »
Will be odd person out w JC and KC.

No you won't - Bob is meeting us so we'll have 4 with you  ;D

One wheel shy of normal

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 09:16:24 PM »
What will you be wearing?

Sounds like moss green at Voyeur Crag 8)
One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 12:49:27 PM »
Sounds like moss green at Voyeur Crag 8)

Yep, and considering I TR'd straight up through the upper bulge near the top of the first pitch which had not been cleaned at all moss green is quite accurate.  Perhaps that should be the name.  Hmmm.

We had a productive day.  Put in anchors at the top of the first pitch of OCD Overdrive, put in a second bolt and chains on top of 2nd pitch (The Summit).  Put in chains at the top of P1 Cutting the Rug.  Got in two bolts on the second pitch of Cutting the Rug.  Scrubbed P1 Cutting the Rug but need to go back at least one more time and clean the crux real good.  Noal lead P1 of OCD Overdrive then I TR'd to the anchor via direct finish.  Probably mid 5.10 but seemed harder since it was so dirty.  Rapped and cleaned P1 of OCD Overdrive.  Still a bit dirty but should season nicely.

Currently P1 takes 1 red Alien, and P2 takes 1 blue Camalot.  We have not cleaned P2 and were debating what to do here.  There is a tree and some flowers in the gully that we would like to protect so we will probably go back and scrub the face out on the right and put a bolt out there to pull people out right and protect the tree and flowers.  Not sure how much traffic the second pitch will ever get considering the chimney/OW.  Which makes me think some people might want a big cam for that section, a number 5 Camalot should work fine.  It goes easy left side in since there are lots of face features (I have done it both ways).

Noal had a discovery on a spinner.  He unscrewed and pulled the bolt and noticed it was slightly bent.  So he took apart a second bolt and threaded it into the cone.  He then had to tap it into the hole to get it to fully seat.  At that point he was able to tighten it.

Had a couple stop by at the end of the day and they seemed to have real interest in the routes.  They thought hard about giving them a go but decided to come back another day ( and let us clean first ).

I think Voyeur Crag fits.
Here's to sweat in your eye