Author Topic: Spring Break, 2016  (Read 16081 times)

Brad Young

• Grand Master
Re: Spring Break, 2016
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2017, 06:26:21 PM »

So you didn't find the benchmark?
I can imagine you walking in circles wondering if you touched the exact spot  :lol:
I did a better job than I thought disguising it. :devildevil:
Could this become the new Mystery Spot?  :thumbup: :biggrin: :yesnod:

What an odd comment. Almost like you were there watching us? Or you know me very well  ;)

Gary Suttle describes a benchmark in his California County highpoints book (written in 1993). And that benchmark was the highpoint. Suttle gives directions to it as "12 yards east of a four foot high metal pole." We found the pole easily; but we found no benchmark.

However, the whole area 12 yards east of the pole was covered with fallen logs and branches. So it may have been buried under them (which also goes back in an odd way to your comment).

Also, reports since 2000 are that the previous highpoint was bulldozed lightly to make or expand a parking lot for the Christmas tree farm. These state that the now-current highpoint is 20 yards north of the pole. It was obvious to the naked eye that the area 20 yards north of the pole was the highest point on this rounded plateau (it's what I showed in the posted photo). But we thought it would be nice to stand on anything remotely close to the highest elevation (we did) and to find the benchmark (we didn't).

We didn't walk in "circles" to do these things though  :P  :P  :P

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »

Where is everybody?

Did I step in it again unbeknownst to me?

I don't know about "everybody," but Vicki and I are now back home, and Tricia is in San Francisco with her schoolmates at an Associated Student Body, Northern California conference (which she was really, really looking forward to). Unfortunately she'll be spending her 15th birthday there without us (it's tomorrow, no foolin'). I'm going to miss her  :'(

I assume you'll be heading out to Pinnacles yourself tomorrow? If so I'll really, really miss you too.

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2017, 07:15:30 PM »
I don't know about "everybody," but Vicki and I are now back home, and Tricia is in San Francisco with her schoolmates at an Associated Student Body, Northern California conference (which she was really, really looking forward to). Unfortunately she'll be spending her 15th birthday there without us (it's tomorrow, no foolin'). I'm going to miss her  :'(

I assume you'll be heading out to Pinnacles yourself tomorrow? If so I'll really, really miss you too.

Yep, we miss you guys too.
I have been spending most of what should have been my Spring break in the Hills with you guys and Kat here at home dreaming of choss. Next week looks like a wash too as I have classes starting back at West Valley while DeAnza is out.
I also have appointments of one type or another on my days off from DeAnza. Weekends are looking good though.
I'll post up all the behaps as time allows and as dreams become reality... :thumbup: :biggrin: 
One wheel shy of normal

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2017, 07:26:55 PM »
Gee Brad, you drove right by our place on your way to your sisters (Mary/ California).
It is a small world (smaller for them SC folks).

Mungie, you are welcome too.....
I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2017, 07:31:37 PM »
Unfortunately she'll be spending her 15th birthday there without us (it's tomorrow, no foolin'). I'm going to miss her  Cry

Happy Birthday Tricia!
Causing trouble when not climbing.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2017, 07:47:55 PM »
Yeah, forgot as well...Happy Birthday!
I'm not worthy.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud