Author Topic: Quest for Mud (Special Edition)  (Read 458437 times)

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
Re: Quest for Mud (Special Edition)
« Reply #1900 on: August 16, 2020, 05:25:14 AM »
Thanks, JC. I had no gear when I did it, so I took the 5.6 option. I'll have to get back out to try the crack. Late November sounds nice!

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #1901 on: August 16, 2020, 07:11:54 AM »
Thanks, JC. I had no gear when I did it, so I took the 5.6 option. I'll have to get back out to try the crack. Late November sounds nice!

I did that 5.6X rope solo (I anchored my rope to the tree) on 3-14-14 when I was out rebolting stuff solo (4th Sister).
I remember standing there, contemplating the move with the wind gusting hard. I almost chickened out.
I scoped out p2 of Going the Wong Way that day too - so I'd have some idea of what gear to take. 
One wheel shy of normal

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #1902 on: August 17, 2020, 10:43:43 AM »
How hot did it get?
Causing trouble when not climbing.

BAP

• Mudders
« Reply #1903 on: August 17, 2020, 11:40:56 AM »
Speaking of the Wong Way, I think I went the wrong way.
I scoped out p2 of Going the Wong Way that day too

To me, the Wong way is always the white way. ;)

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1904 on: August 17, 2020, 12:24:17 PM »
How hot did it get?

Gavin said it was 112 at his place yesterday.
One wheel shy of normal

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #1905 on: August 17, 2020, 09:00:21 PM »
so much smoke in the air. so much heat in the air. Who wants to go to Pinns?

...To rescue Gavin and Alacia. Not to climb, bc that would be cray cray.
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #1906 on: August 18, 2020, 06:52:56 AM »
Sure
I'm not worthy.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1907 on: August 19, 2020, 07:40:52 AM »

Ashes the mud and not I. I still don't see any questing in the near future.
Ashes everywhere this morning, more heat on the way, smoke-flavored ocean scents in the air and no one pulls teeth anymore without making a federal case out of it.
What's next?
One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #1908 on: August 19, 2020, 01:02:43 PM »

What's next?

With 2020 I am not sure I want to ask or if I want to know..
Here's to sweat in your eye

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1909 on: August 19, 2020, 01:46:45 PM »
With 2020 I am not sure I want to ask or if I want to know..

Amen to that brother!
One wheel shy of normal

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1910 on: August 20, 2020, 07:55:04 AM »
Looking at the current cruddy air quality and temperature forecast and dreaming of getting back out to the mud.

4 years ago yesterday we established Call of the Crud and 4 years ago today we started working on Ashes the Mud and I.

The previous week - I was banging in some of the bolts on Mud Diamond with clink.

Truly the summer of mud  :thumbup: :biggrin: :ihih:
One wheel shy of normal

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1911 on: August 20, 2020, 08:08:34 AM »
Looking at the current cruddy air quality and temperature forecast and dreaming of getting back out to the mud.

4 years ago yesterday we established Call of the Crud and 4 years ago today we started working on Ashes the Mud and I.

The previous week - I was banging in some of the bolts on Mud Diamond with clink.

Truly the summer of mud  :thumbup: :biggrin: :ihih:

Kat leads Call of the Crud

One wheel shy of normal

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1912 on: August 20, 2020, 08:19:54 AM »

clink heads over the bulge on Mud Diamond after I hung on knobs to drill the crux bolt

We were talking afterwards on the way home and I mentioned how scared and tired I was hanging there drilling that bolt while my legs went to sleep.
To which clink promptly replied - "Yeah...too bad your mouth didn't go to sleep too."  :lol:
One wheel shy of normal

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #1913 on: August 20, 2020, 12:41:36 PM »
"Yeah...too bad your mouth didn't go to sleep too."

This is why we need an oral surgeon on call for you.

How is the face JC? Ready for me to operate?  >:D

Truly the summer of mud

Thanks for posting those up. Just what the doc ordered.  :)

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #1914 on: August 20, 2020, 12:55:10 PM »
lol, I wish I had skills of an artist, I would draw a pic of Clink in his truck with a rope and string tied from the back of the truck to JC's tooth, as he holds onto a big ol cobblestone at Pinnacles. buahahaha

Which breaks loose first?  The cobble or the tooth?
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
« Reply #1915 on: August 21, 2020, 05:11:34 AM »
lol, I wish I had skills of an artist, I would draw a pic of Clink in his truck with a rope and string tied from the back of the truck to JC's tooth, as he holds onto a big ol cobblestone at Pinnacles. buahahaha

Which breaks loose first?  The cobble or the tooth?

To insure that he holds on tight enough for surgical success, he would need to be on lead and at least five feet above his last bolt.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1916 on: August 24, 2020, 03:55:10 PM »

I don't have to take this abuse!

On another note - I have been deep in a masochistic quest to restore photos that got hijacked by photobucket many moons ago.

Not much to do with all these fires burning and smoke/heat at Pinns rock-blocking my real work.

I've been coming across some photos and some old posts that I completely forgot about and getting some pretty good laughs and having some fun - so it's not really all that torturous. I know none of it really amounts to a hill of beans in the big scheme of things but what the hey. When I finish, I plan to post my favorite pics of all time. I already have a few in mind.
One wheel shy of normal

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #1917 on: August 24, 2020, 04:13:49 PM »

On another note - I have been deep in a masochistic quest to restore photos that got hijacked by photobucket many moons ago.

Not much to do with all these fires burning and smoke/heat at Pinns rock-blocking my real work.

I've been coming across some photos and some old posts that I completely forgot about and getting some pretty good laughs and having some fun - so it's not really all that torturous. I know none of it really amounts to a hill of beans in the big scheme of things but what the hey. When I finish, I plan to post my favorite pics of all time. I already have a few in mind.

Yes, you do have to take this abuse.

And that's great news about the photos. Are you restoring all of the photos in certain threads, for example? If so, would you let us know when you finish restoring a thread?

Thanks.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #1918 on: August 24, 2020, 05:01:20 PM »

Yes, most defiantly, you do. Bend over, no, that's not right. Open wide.

Extra long bucket list.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1919 on: August 25, 2020, 11:09:24 AM »

And that's great news about the photos. Are you restoring all of the photos in certain threads, for example? If so, would you let us know when you finish restoring a thread?

Thanks.

Not really but thanks. I'm doing what I can with the space I have available. My drive to do it comes from the fact that at some point the stuff from photobucket will just "poof" - disappear. I've come across some funny stuff that is well worth preserving. I can't do everything so I am revising my posts and trimming picture counts where I can still preserve the overall content. If I can get the number of photobucket images down to 250 (not likely) - then those will be preserved as well (you can have a free account with up to 250 images) - without their stupid stamp plastered across them.

There are a number of other members on the forum that have similar situations (I even noticed at least one of your images).
In particular (and I'm not trying to call anyone out here) - as an example - I noticed Bruce used the service a lot on the rebolting thread posts and Shane along with some others used it exclusively.
Seems like it's been a couple years since the whole thing started (Noal first made me aware of it if I remember correctly), so I'll be curious to see how long it will take them to start deleting accounts - if ever.

It would be a shame to see stuff lost.
One wheel shy of normal