Author Topic: Quest for Mud (Special Edition)  (Read 445768 times)

F4?

• unworthy
Re: Quest for Mud (Special Edition)
« Reply #1120 on: December 30, 2018, 07:46:18 PM »
seriously, don't folks have better places to go, like LA???

Pinnacles what?? No, go to LA or Skiing, yeah go skiing.
I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #1121 on: December 31, 2018, 06:45:40 AM »
Only if you work clothed.

Funny Waldo!

Causing trouble when not climbing.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #1122 on: December 31, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »

Waldo got to enjoy Prune Pinnacle today.
I couldn't stick around long enough to take pics of him - had to go thrash up the chimneys on Proclamation Pinnacle (front side) with climberdude.
The dude abides  :yesnod: :thumbup: :biggrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Happy New Year mudders  :blahblah: :guitar: :arf:
One wheel shy of normal

briham89

• Mudders
« Reply #1123 on: December 31, 2018, 08:13:23 PM »
Any increase in traffic on the west side with the east side being closed (to everyone but campers)? It was wild on the east side yesterday. The lightest traffic day I have seen on a Sunday. The "man" was in full force at the entrance not letting people in.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1124 on: January 01, 2019, 08:00:53 AM »
Any increase in traffic on the west side with the east side being closed (to everyone but campers)? It was wild on the east side yesterday. The lightest traffic day I have seen on a Sunday. The "man" was in full force at the entrance not letting people in.

Plenty of people there. Unfortunately people were still taking advantage of and abusing the situation. A couple was walking their dog along the Steep and Narrow and I heard them talking about how they were getting away with it. Brad read them the riot act. There were about 10 cars parked along the sides of the final part of the road right before the lower parking lot. There was one obvious streamer of teepee strewn in front of the bathroom. I guess they brought their own but couldn't be bothered to dispose of it properly. I saw multiple places along the trail with teepee or other paper products. We talked to a lot of nice folks on the trails but there were still a few bad apples or just people behaving badly. We'll take a trash picker and a bag next time out.
One wheel shy of normal

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #1125 on: January 01, 2019, 08:06:27 AM »

...We'll take a trash picker and a bag next time out.

And I'm taking a cattle-prod. Maybe a f#$&ng taser.

I hear that Joshua Tree is even worse. To the point of people literally driving off the highway into the roadless desert.

Maybe climate change is good. If it wipes out most of this scourge called (loosely) "humanity."

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #1126 on: January 01, 2019, 08:09:03 AM »

Only if you work clothed.

Waldo got to enjoy Prune Pinnacle today.

Waldo "enjoyed" Prune with a fully clothed Brad (and other friends). Actually, considering those arctic winds, maybe the phrase should be a fully, fully, fully clothed Brad.

Wonderful day. But it seemed like I just couldn't get warm!

Tuff Chik

• Mudders
« Reply #1127 on: January 01, 2019, 08:14:49 AM »
But it seemed like I just couldn't get warm!

Maybe we never got warm because the high was only 53 (at 2:30) and the wind was gusting to 30 mph.  I turned up the heat when I got home and took a long hot shower to get warm. 

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
« Reply #1128 on: January 01, 2019, 09:09:20 AM »
Waldo "enjoyed" Prune with a fully clothed Brad (and other friends). Actually, considering those arctic winds, maybe the phrase should be a fully, fully, fully clothed Brad.

Wonderful day. But it seemed like I just couldn't get warm!

The Emperor had clothes, but waldo lost the seat of his pants whilst butt-climbing Prune's summit ridge. Pants be damned! I'm always happy to demonstrate an elegant climbing technique to new climbers, however.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1129 on: January 01, 2019, 09:48:56 AM »
  The Emperor had clothes, but the Waldo lost the seat of his pants whilst butt-climbing the Prune' summit ridge. Pants be damned! I'm always happy to demonstrate an elegant climbing technique to new climbers, however.

I was just reading through my FA log and was laughing when I saw that I did the lower traverse on my arse and then crawled along the summit ridge on my knees (with knee pads). Style points be damned. Whatever gets you there safely. NOAL taught me a thing or three about that.
One wheel shy of normal

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1130 on: January 01, 2019, 10:04:55 AM »

Hero shot - north summit of Proclamation Pinnacle. The dude is at the anchor. Blue is the new orange. I'm thinking of switching to camo  :lol:

One wheel shy of normal

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
« Reply #1131 on: January 01, 2019, 10:45:39 AM »
I was just reading through my FA log and was laughing when I saw that I did the lower traverse on my arse and then crawled along the summit ridge on my knees (with knee pads). Style points be damned. Whatever gets you there safely. NOAL taught me a thing or three about that.
  Did I ever mention that a climbing partner of mine from the eighties wanted to set up a nude tyrollean between North and South Fingers? Never happened, though he still wants to do it. While aspiration lingers, the aesthetics of the project deteriorated long ago.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #1132 on: January 01, 2019, 11:25:00 AM »

Did I ever mention that a climbing partner of mine from the eighties wanted to set up a nude tyrollean between North and South Fingers? Never happened, though he still wants to do it. While aspiration lingers, the aesthetics of the project deteriorated long ago.

Oh my God!!

Not only the thought, but the damn coffee that just blew out my nose when I read that.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1133 on: January 01, 2019, 11:38:04 AM »

You might talk clink into doing it in a loin cloth but I don't think he'd go for the Full Monty  :lol: :yikes:
One wheel shy of normal

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #1134 on: January 01, 2019, 03:39:29 PM »

Right now I am not putting my high functioning assburgers on display. Check back in a few months.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #1135 on: January 01, 2019, 03:53:27 PM »

Right now I am not putting my high functioning assburgers on display. Check back in a few months.

Hold it, is this some sort of promise? Are we allowed to expect some weird kind of performance?

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
« Reply #1136 on: January 01, 2019, 04:23:15 PM »

A MOM tyrollean?

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1137 on: January 01, 2019, 06:08:33 PM »
Are we allowed to expect some weird kind of performance?

Why would you expect anything else?
One wheel shy of normal

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #1138 on: January 01, 2019, 09:25:27 PM »
My virgin eyes...Brad's shorts are short enough.

The thought of Clink in a loin cloth using a swami...well now I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I'm not worthy.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1139 on: January 06, 2019, 08:58:27 AM »
The "birth canal" on Proclamation's North Summit Regular Route. I turned around to take the pic relative to how I came up/out.
The rope is well left of the canal. Not sure how it flipped over there, since I came up from the other direction - underneath the bulge - then wriggle up into the roughly triangular, claustrophobic canal and pray you don't get stuck.  :yikes:

One wheel shy of normal