Author Topic: Quest for Mud (Special Edition)  (Read 446893 times)

clink

• Meanderthal
Re: Quest for Mud (Special Edition)
« Reply #1960 on: September 06, 2020, 07:37:06 AM »
So are you saying that classless clown is appropriate?

I detest him, voted to keep the shit show out and will again. 
What bothers me more than a little, is giving that moron the power to control a word associated with his fucking name.

I won't bow to that way of thinking.

Do we change the (former?) "Hillary Step" on Everest to "Edmund's Way"? Change all descriptions of a "bush" to a "shrub"? A reference to a "bill", now an "amount owed", "Beak" or "what's due"?

It seems that the best name for this route may be TABOO.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #1961 on: September 06, 2020, 08:25:51 AM »

So this morning I get a decent cup of coffee and head out to see what's open for breakfast during the pandemic, in SF.

There is a nice place for takeout on the corner of Post and Taylor, but it's not open till 8am. I walk around the corner, stop to sip my coffee and check out the various high-rise architecture above me.

A guy walks up from Geary and asks me for money. I reply, no thank you. He says something about why he needs the money and I say that I have a large family and won't be giving him money today.

This has happened many times in various forms and places I'm sure to everyone who ventures in public. I played music on the street a couple of times and have been given money. Sometimes I give money, share food, but most of the time I decline.

The person that got my extra money was the server that brought us salad and tacos last night.

The mother fucker calls me a liar. I say what the FUCK! He pulls what I think is a cell phone out of his pocket and throws it on the sidewalk and gets all bowed up and yells I know karate! I say that I spent my life tearing buildings apart with my hands and putting them back together again. He walks away backwards telling the street how tuff he is, until he disappears.

Almost as dangerous as work, but I'm on fucking vacation.

I order eggs and hash browns, find a place to sit and check out the latest posts on Mud N' Crud.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #1962 on: September 06, 2020, 09:00:55 AM »
Politics change what is and is not appropriate.  I used to on occasion use the term trumpted up or that trumpts in a sentence.  I almost always search for different words and I am not alone on this.  On occasion a person or an event comes along and it is significant enough that it changes current societal norms.  This is one of them.  And it is not over, if you think it is ugly today wait until tomorrow.

Use whatever name you want, it is your route.  But, if that page in the guidebook has his name on it I will tear it out, burn it, and offer it to whatever God will take it.  Fuck him.

Also to be clear, Hilary is no Trump.  If she did half of what this guy has done she really would be in prison.  Plus she actually accomplished some good take some time out and look into what she has accomplished in regards to healthcare. 

So are you saying that classless clown is appropriate?

I detest him, voted to keep the shit show out and will again. 
What bothers me more than a little, is giving that moron the power to control a word associated with his fucking name.

I won't bow to that way of thinking.

Do we change the (former?) "Hillary Step" on Everest to "Edmund's Way"? Change all descriptions of a "bush" to a "shrub"? A reference to a "bill", now an "amount owed", "Beak" or "what's due"?

It seems that the best name for this route may be TABOO.
Here's to sweat in your eye

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #1963 on: September 06, 2020, 09:40:25 AM »
The fact remains that a group of climbers who named a route, bowed to political sensitivities and change the name of the route. This makes the naming process on this route's particular history politically influenced 

You guys named the route the original name without even asking me.

I think either Noal or I placed at least one bolt on the route 

I placed one bolt on that route.  Earlier that day we looked at a really weird convoluted looking line on the upper part of the chimney sweep formation.  I suggested we look at something better nearby that I had spotted when working on the Deep Groove Wall. 

We each placed a bolt called it a day and agreed to return. You guys went back with Brad and Kathy and I did not come with.  Cant remember why. Maybe I was getting my hair done or something.

Anyway, when I heard what you guys named the route I did not like it.  Mainly because it is too easy for someone to misconstrue the association with Nitwit Knob and think we are Trump supporters. Too ambiguous.  Maybe something about Tinkle on the Orangutang would've been better.

Long story short I found the route showed it to you guys and then you finished it and named it without asking me what I thought. Honestly, at the time that rubbed me the wrong way. 

Why are we re-hashing this?  I dont find it too productive and considered it water under the bridge.  I dont harbor any hard feelings and thought we had all put it in the past.  I guess not.

Clink, I hope you are having a good vacation in SF.  Having lived there for 10 years or so(6 of those at Geary and Leavenworth one block from your altercation) my advice to you is do not engage with panhandlers.  Either completely ignore them or just say no.  The guys around Union Square are seasoned pros and very aggressive and unstable.  Enjoy your vacation and dont play into their hands.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #1964 on: September 06, 2020, 11:55:11 AM »
Noal, I am you man. I have bolts.....Mr Mud told me I can have his projects...
I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #1965 on: September 06, 2020, 12:22:51 PM »
 Good advice Noal . Going to see Kate, Eric and Izzy. They live near Leavenworth. This is the 3rd time they have lived on Leavenworth.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #1966 on: September 06, 2020, 01:16:57 PM »
Good advice Noal . Going to see Kate, Eric and Izzy. They live near Leavenworth. This is the 3rd time they have lived on Leavenworth.

Better than living in Leavenworth.

Looks like the city is broiling.

Watch your tenderloin...
One wheel shy of normal

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #1967 on: September 07, 2020, 03:09:16 PM »
...Mr Mud told me I can have his projects...

You better start eating your wheaties.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1968 on: September 07, 2020, 03:47:23 PM »
You better start eating your wheaties.

Mr Mud should be on the box!

Factor could be on the back (much smaller picture) eating a carrot  :lol:
One wheel shy of normal

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1969 on: September 10, 2020, 07:20:36 PM »

They closed the park for fire danger until further notice.
You can hike from the campground to Bear Gulch and no further.
That makes Peaks View Pinnacle and Flake Don't Break your only choices for climbing.
The campground remains open.

The only thing left to do is a rain dance.

What we need now is a major earthquake and a super volcano mega eruption.

One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #1970 on: September 12, 2020, 10:28:22 AM »
definitely start your daily rain dance
Here's to sweat in your eye

climberdude

• Mudders
« Reply #1971 on: September 12, 2020, 12:53:10 PM »
We need rain to put out the fires plus to get the toxic smoke and particles out of the air.  Gavin gets mad props for rescuing a condor chick from the Dolan fire over on the coast.

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #1972 on: September 13, 2020, 03:33:32 PM »

What we need now is a major earthquake and a super volcano mega eruption.

OR!!!!

a SHARKNADO!!!!
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #1973 on: September 13, 2020, 07:07:38 PM »
definitely start your daily rain dance 

Please film and post to YouTube.  Make sure and dance to Neil Young Crazy Horse Like a Hurricane.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #1974 on: September 13, 2020, 09:06:48 PM »
No Neil Young
I'm not worthy.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #1975 on: September 15, 2020, 09:47:17 PM »
That fire kinda came close to his ranch. 

Took a ride on Sunday. Went down Tunitas then back up thru San Gregorio to West Alpine.  Pescadero road over Haskins appeared to be open with traffic going over.  Will have to check that out this weekend.  Could not drop down into Portola Redwoods from trailhead on Alpine.  All that stuff is closed.  They must be using Old Haul to get back and forth to what's still burning.  Something is still burning cuz it was still smoky on Alpine Road.  Took a small snooze on the slab by the phone boxes.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #1976 on: October 07, 2020, 01:54:06 PM »

It looks like temps are finally cooling down and rain is in the forecast (only a slight chance but it's at least a chance).

I made a plea to the NPS to reopen Pinnacles (the current "open" situation is severely restricted - one hair away from being closed).
In a nutshell - the gates are open but none of the "meaningful" trails are open and climbing has been specifically targeted (look at the NPS Pinnacles website for details).

My plea has as yet gone unanswered - so I added an invocation.

It's time (past time) to renew the Quest and continue our "good works".

Call or write the park and any and all powers that be. The time to sit idly by has passed.

TIME TO RAISE A RUCKUS!
One wheel shy of normal

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #1977 on: October 07, 2020, 03:26:18 PM »
keep it closed!

Lets the birds take over.

Slow Brad down on the route count.

The place has gone to Crud ever since Mr. Mud left town.

I'm not worthy.

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #1978 on: October 07, 2020, 04:02:06 PM »

TIME TO RAISE A RUCKUS!

Or buy a snowmobile?

Don't tell Brad I said that. He's already pestered me to go to Pinns this season.
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #1979 on: October 07, 2020, 04:05:05 PM »

Or buy a snowmobile?

Don't tell Brad I said that. He's already pestered me to go to Pinns this season.

Actually, Brad is somewhat literate.

And I don't pester. I just point out that certain people are becoming has-beens.