Author Topic: Will be up in the high peaks sunday  (Read 3235 times)

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
Re: Will be up in the high peaks sunday
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 11:10:02 AM »
I had to look up Tom Waits, and this was mentioned on wikipedia: Waits has a distinctive voice, described by critic Daniel Durchholz as sounding as though "it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car."  Sounds accurate (about Mud over the weekend).
Inch by inch, I will get there.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 11:35:45 AM »
rope burn or rock burn?

Little bit of rock rash from wrestling choss on a new route with a muscle-up/mantle move that reminded me of the crux move on Pea Break - unless I did the move wrong on that one too...were butts involved?
One wheel shy of normal

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 08:05:09 PM »
Cold enough that Mr Mud's voice was completely frozen and it took a couple of days to thaw a little bit. It must have been a one sided conversation from Noal on their drive back after dark.

Noal, I hope you took the opportunity to talk about the virtues of Rap bolting and Trump on the drive home.
 ;D
I'm not worthy.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 10:37:17 PM »
I once drove to Tahoe with this guy that described a video game  start to finish for half the trip. the second half of the drive were recollections of WWF wrestling bouts.

took a trip to Vegas and the guy driving listened to that automated national weather service station (the one that says the same thing every 30 seconds) at a barely audible volume for the entire drive.

but maybe one of the most equally annoying topics is listening to somebody talk about climbing gear the whole drive to the valley.

but you know what? I am sure... wait...no, positive that I have annoyed the hell out of somebody driving with my jabbering on about something or other.  isn't that part of the allure of driving long distances to climb?

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 08:30:03 AM »
I once drove to Tahoe with this guy that described a video game  start to finish for half the trip. the second half of the drive were recollections of WWF wrestling bouts.

took a trip to Vegas and the guy driving listened to that automated national weather service station (the one that says the same thing every 30 seconds) at a barely audible volume for the entire drive.

but maybe one of the most equally annoying topics is listening to somebody talk about climbing gear the whole drive to the valley.

but you know what? I am sure... wait...no, positive that I have annoyed the hell out of somebody driving with my jabbering on about something or other.  isn't that part of the allure of driving long distances to climb?

Funny stories as usual - your ad lib of the dude giving bouldering beta is the best - You never fail to amuse me  :yesnod: :biggrin: :thumbup: :lol:
One wheel shy of normal

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »

Do the station use sultry voice for announcing weather?

I don't know. Somehow, long talks about climbing gear sound exciting to me.

I wonder if Mud ever subjected you to detailed descriptions of backups and audits.
Inch by inch, I will get there.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
Do the station use sultry voice for announcing weather?  
that would be nice but it was one of those clipped robot voices.  I'd like Ozzy to read the weather for me..
.I think you can get him for GPS.

Somehow, long talks about climbing gear sound exciting to me.  
talking about climbing stuff is cool for part of a drive but it's kind of like Jonathan richman says about wine "He gave us the wine to taste. not to talk about it."  

wonder if Mud ever subjected you to detailed descriptions of backups and audits.

yes!  I enjoy listening to someone talk about something technical that I know nothing about if they can relate it in a way that the average person with no knowledge of the topic can understand. mud is good at that.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »
listening to somebody talk about climbing gear the whole drive

note to self, remind me not to talk about the pile of climbing crap on my garage floor if Noal comes over.
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2017, 04:03:21 PM »
]you can but I cannot guarantee that I will not fall asleep.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 11:25:39 PM »
Mungie, you can talk gear to me when I am over, since you tend to have cold beer.

Ya’ll be thankful for not having to ride in the trooper. It had no heater!

And the West Side parking lot was I sweat 5 degrees that morning.
I'm not worthy.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 09:14:32 AM »
I will whisper sweat nothings in your ears on all road trips.
Here's to sweat in your eye

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
I don't think I could handle that as my ears are extremely ticklish.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 12:21:37 PM »
"whisper sweat nothings" is a good name for a route.

F4, beer fridge just went into garage. Thinks are shaping up. Will need help installing bouldering cave.
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge