Author Topic: Master's of Mud Rendezvous 2020 (cancelled due to COVID-19)  (Read 8572 times)

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
Re: Master's of Mud Rendezvous 2020
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2020, 07:59:01 AM »
Clink Some of those  :puke: 's don't look 6 ft apart from the :yikes:

:yikes: :puke:

In a sea of puke.

Spacing is still off.
Don't worry...I know how hard it is to get things equalized.
One wheel shy of normal

waldo

• Mudders
    • Chaos Gate
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2020, 03:44:30 PM »
JC, I'd go for the triple-forked dare you goatee. Three is better than two is better than one, both for anchors and for goatee points.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2020, 04:34:19 PM »
JC, I'd go for the triple-forked dare you goatee. Three is better than two is better than one, both for anchors and for goatee points.

clink already thinks I look devilish.
The three forks might be too much for him to handle.

One wheel shy of normal

climberdude

• Mudders
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2020, 04:46:08 PM »
JC is trying to get a extra position in Sons Of Anarchy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2020, 05:52:24 PM »
clink already thinks I look devilish.
The three forks might be too much for him to handle.

You are smiling in that picture, false representation.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2020, 08:30:24 PM »
You guys are seriously awesome.  Thank you for your work.

As an RN who works in a hospital I’d like to put out a request, even implore people to stay home, getting outside only for necessities and an occasional walk. I know it sucks not to be out climbing, hiking, etc.  Also as climbers I feel a lot of us bristle when authority tries to tell us how to live our lives.  The thing is that unless we slow this thing down, or stretch out the curve our hospitals are in danger of imploding. My hospital is already dangerously low of protective gear, wipes, hand gel, etc. and as of now we can’t get anymore. Already we get one mask usually meant for one time use, for an entire shift. Some hospitals nurses are using garbage bags instead of protective gowns and they have run out of masks.  I hate being alarmist and shrill, but if this thing really trends toward worst case then our health care system will for the moment collapse at a time it’s most needed. The next person to get sick could be you or someone you care deeply about. Sacrifice now or pay a worse price later.  Not that long ago I was being taught the art of placing and drilling on lead by Brad surrounded by the specialness of Pinnacles, I look forward to those days again, hopefully not too too long out.  Nuff said, rant over...stay safe, on belay everyone. 

Here's to sweat in your eye

russ p

• Cobble Crimpers
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2020, 08:05:58 PM »
Thank you. We are all in this together. Stay safe my fellow Pinns lovers...

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2020, 03:44:10 PM »
Looks like having a campsite is your only ticket into the Park.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2020, 04:01:04 PM »
Looks like having a campsite is your only ticket into the Park.

Please consider not doing it.
Unless they lift the Shelter in Place order early (high lee and unlike lee), we won't be attending and we think that is the responsible thing to do.

Here's an excerpt from an article an old friend of mine posted today.
I can send you the whole thing if you like.
I think you would enjoy his writing and his biting sense of humor.

Recreational travel does not qualify as essential travel. When you are away from home, you increase your odds of interaction outside of your germ group. Even if you can maintain sufficient distance from everyone else on the trails in the woods, you should still stay home. If you trip and break your leg right now, you'd better tell the staff at the hospital you go to that you got run over by a grocery truck or they're likely to send you home with a moist towelette and a couple of aspirin.

I'm going to be cancelling the reservations I made.
Recreation.gov currently has a special policy that will allow us all to get a full refund.
One wheel shy of normal

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2020, 06:31:21 PM »
 Don't cross county lines. I like this Aromas corner of San Benito County. Since the Pinnacles store quit selling alcohol, there isn't much justification of going shopping there and chancing getting run over by a grocery delivery truck.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mapsofworld.com%2Fusa%2Fcounty-maps%2Fcalifornia%2Fsan-benito-county-map.html&psig=AOvVaw1MPv-vXCs9QSDkjc-x5E0b&ust=1586183957193000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCICZxezB0egCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Waldo, our first annual(The Pinnacles "Clear The Trails" Walk/Run) nude circuit of the Park is going to have to unfortunately wait a year.

they're likely to send you home with a moist towelette

You can't find those anywhere.

PS I hear you JC :(

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2020, 08:22:47 PM »
Ugh, I just had my ancient cams reslung by Larry and a new pair of aces.

Best to buy more crap from him and Jane.

This Corona thing must be a right-left plot to keep the man down!

The only upside, Mugie is stuck having to shelter with his sled.
I'm not worthy.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2020, 08:24:57 PM »
and $10 says Gavin is having the time of his life in the Monument.
I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2020, 07:18:09 AM »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mapsofworld.com%2Fusa%2Fcounty-maps%2Fcalifornia%2Fsan-benito-county-map.html&psig=AOvVaw1MPv-vXCs9QSDkjc-x5E0b&ust=1586183957193000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCICZxezB0egCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

4 counties meet near or at Aromas. Finally took a look at it on a map :) Brad and JC would have done this a long time ago.

Aromas is a census-designated place (CDP) in Monterey County, and San Benito County, California, United States. The population was 2,650 at the 2010 census.

The CDP straddles the border of the two counties, with Monterey County to the west and San Benito County to the east. The Santa Cruz County line is less than a mile to the northwest, and Santa Clara County is about two miles (3 km) to the north. Its population was almost equally distributed between the two counties with 1,358 in Monterey County and 1,292 in San Benito County; this was down from a population of 2,797 during the 2000 census (1,427 in Monterey County and 1,370 in San Benito County). Aromas is one of four CDPs in California that are divided between two or more counties. The others are Kingvale (divided between Placer County and Nevada County), Kirkwood (divided between Alpine County and Amador County), and Tahoma (divided between Placer County and El Dorado County)

JC w KC redux

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2020, 07:31:00 AM »

4 counties meet near or at Aromas. Finally took a look at it on a map :) Brad and JC would have done this a long time ago.

I did not but that is kind of cool. It doesn't look quite well defined enough to be truly 4 corners.
Has someone erected a monument? Another big chicken perhaps?

and $10 says Gavin is having the time of his life in the Monument.

It started raining there again this morning

My rule of thumb for now is if you can't walk or bicycle there - you shouldn't go.

One wheel shy of normal

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2020, 12:32:10 PM »
4 counties meet near or at Aromas.

Is that like an arm pit, centrally close, you can see, but a pain to get to?
I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2020, 12:40:39 PM »
My rule of thumb for now is if you can't walk or bicycle there - you shouldn't go.

That is anywhere from Marin to SLO for Joe.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2020, 01:01:37 PM »
Is that like an arm pit, centrally close, you can see, but a pain to get to?

The Granite Quarry was operated by hand labor early on and the workers probably smelled pretty ripe at times.

A small granite quarry on Judge Logan's ranch east of Watsonville, had been supplying rock for construction of the Southern Pacific Railroad (SP) for several years before it was acquired by Porter's bank in 1899.[2] SP named the quarry spur at railroad milepost 93.2 Logan, after the ranch owner. The quarry on the San Andreas Fault minimized drilling and blasting costs by mining rock broken by fault movement. Smaller particles of construction aggregate were obtained close to the fault, and coarser material was more distant from the fault trace. Porter and Wilson saw its possibilities, found some additional investors, and started up the business with Wilson as Superintendent. In the beginning, quarry operations were tough; fifteen men used sledgehammers, picks, shovels and wheelbarrows to break and load broken rock onto horse-drawn wagons for the trip to the railroad line. Relief came in 1903 when the quarry was automated with Corliss steam engine-powered McCully crusher No.3. It produced 20 tons of 2½-inch rock per hour. Crushing capacity was increased by 35 tons per hour in 1904 by crusher No.5 powered by an oil-fired Atlas tandem compound steam engine.[3] Rock was transported from the quarry face to the crushing plant in horse-drawn, side-dump rail cars, which were loaded manually. There were about 24 men working at the quarry.[4]

The 1906 San Francisco earthquake flattened the new steam crushing plant and temporarily halted operations. Rail operations were disrupted, and the quarry operation was devastated. The earthquake's destruction created a demand for construction. In the following years, Granite Rock Company supplied materials for a number of buildings in San Francisco and around the Monterey Bay area. Among those still standing are the old Gilroy City Hall and the old San Francisco Wells Fargo Building. At the quarry in Aromas, California, expansion was taking place.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2020, 05:16:41 PM »
That is anywhere from Marin to SLO for Joe.

The man needs to buy a car, you know, you sit in it, press a pedal and bam, you are moving.
I'm not worthy.

Atomizer

• Atomized
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2020, 06:56:53 PM »
The man needs to buy a car, you know, you sit in it, press a pedal and bam, you are moving.

That's funny. Joe has a new brand new BMW...

russ p

• Cobble Crimpers
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2020, 10:46:36 AM »
Regarding the Cook’s post above about not going into the park even if u have a “golden ticket” into the campground.  I totally agree. I had 3 nights reserved last week for what was supposed to be my kids spring break, however I cancelled them. The selfish part of me would love to have a quiet pinns all to myself, but it’s the wrong thing to do at this moment.
Yes, unless you can walk or bike there don’t go. I feel like other than driving for essentials or to bring meals/meds/supplies to the sick or vulnerable stuck inside their homes, as far as recreating, you should not be driving somewhere else to do it. No matter how good you social distance. This sucks for us urban people but this won’t be forever. 
As I’ve stated before I’m a hospital RN.  We don’t want to be “heroes.”  We are there for you when you need us of course, but we’d rather everyone do their best to not need us. So please continue to make good judgements for yourself and others.  All of us on the frontline appreciate everyone’s sacrifices to slow this bastard down. 
Hope everyone is doing as well as they can...peace.