Author Topic: Please Stay Home - The Statistics  (Read 19449 times)

climberdude

• Mudders
Please Stay Home - The Statistics
« on: March 21, 2020, 07:26:41 AM »
Please do whatever you can to avoid unnecessarily needing to utilize medical care during this virus outbreak.  Medical care workers have been telling us this, but I thought I would evaluate some statistics for my area, Fresno County.

Current testing in my county has found a 2-3% positive testing rate.  The good news is that the health officials feel that the virus is not spreading.  The bad news is that if this same positive rate applies to the general population, it almost 20 times the number of available hospital beds, assuming worst case situations.  It gets even worst if you have to evaluate this when you consider infected people needing ventilators.  This is an example for my county, but if you evaluated it for your area, it will likely be similar.

If you know someone who is an emergency healthcare worker, please offer moral support to them.  If you somehow have a stash of sterile medical supplies, consider donating them to your local hospital.  Please be very thankful that we have a very proactive state government.  Please listen to them.  Stay positive.  Studies have shown that those who stay positive have better outcomes in crises.

I am sorry if this seems like unsolicited beta.  

F4?

• unworthy
Re: Please Stay Home - The Statistics
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 07:55:40 AM »
I was told the elephant in the room was that not enough testing has been done.

I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 07:57:25 AM »
Thank you for this information.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

briham89

• Mudders
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 08:04:55 AM »
The good news is that the health officials feel that the virus is not spreading.

This seems highly unlikely (note my comment is about the above quote I listed)

climberdude

• Mudders
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 08:12:06 AM »
Yes, that was the county health officials' words, not my conclusion.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 09:13:25 AM »
I was told the elephant in the room was that not enough testing has been done.

This was from my brother-in law on Sunday.....but I just read an article that the shift is if you have show having a mild case, don't get tested. Rather the testing is for the folks showing more at risk.

Crazy to think they are at that point.

It makes sense since you don't want to over-load the testing system.
But it highlights the US lack of preparedness...OR the reality that it's not possible.

Isolation is the best course. I have not even gone next door for a few beers.
Yes these are trying times when a man has to pass on free beer.

Back to re-painting in the house.
I'm not worthy.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 09:22:11 AM »
How many of you listened to the full live address that Gavin Newsome gave on Thursday evening?  I did.

EDIT:

Here it is in case you didn't.  It might be a little different than what concerned citizens are telling you.

I lived in NYC and experienced 911 first hand.There was a massive amount of word of mouth disinformation which caused panic and disorder.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 09:31:27 AM »
How many of you listened to the full live address that Gavin Newsome gave on Thursday evening?  I did.

I didn't, but like his sexy voice. Who's is better Gavin or Bill?

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 09:54:29 AM »
What kind of jokes is the Center for Disease Control recommending during the Corona outbreak?

Inside jokes....

Tuff Chik

• Mudders
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 11:27:59 AM »
What kind of jokes is the Center for Disease Control recommending during the Corona outbreak?

Inside jokes....

Hey Mud - can you add an audible groan to this emoji  ::)

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 11:30:47 AM »
I think the GOV did a good job laying it down.

He didn't even ask for a HaRUmPH from his cabinet.
I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 12:02:55 PM »
 Part of the show goes on.

“Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers”

It is official, residential home construction is essential;

OTHER COMMUNITY-BASED GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS AND
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential Workforce
• Critical government workers, as defined by the employer and consistent with Continuity of
Operations Plans and Continuity of Government plans.
• County workers responsible for determining eligibility for safety net benefits
• The Courts, consistent with guidance released by the California Chief Justice
• Workers to ensure continuity of building functions
• Security staff to maintain building access control and physical security measures
• Elections personnel
• Federal, State, and Local, Tribal, and Territorial employees who support Mission Essential Functions
and communications networks
• Trade Officials (FTA negotiators; international data flow administrators)
• Weather forecasters
• Workers that maintain digital systems infrastructure supporting other critical government
operations
• Workers at operations centers necessary to maintain other essential functions
• Workers who support necessary credentialing, vetting and licensing operations for transportation
workers
• Workers who are critical to facilitating trade in support of the national, state, and local emergency
response supply chain
• Workers supporting public and private childcare establishments, pre-K establishments, K-12 schools,
colleges, and universities for purposes of distance learning, provision of school meals, or care and
supervision of minors to support essential workforce across all sectors
March 20, 2020
• Workers and instructors supporting academies and training facilities and courses for the purpose of
graduating students and cadets that comprise the essential workforce for all identified critical
sectors
• Hotel Workers where hotels are used for COVID-19 mitigation and containment measures, including
measures to protect homeless populations.
• Construction Workers who support the construction, operation, inspection, and maintenance of
construction sites and construction projects (including housing construction)
• Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide
services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of
construction sites and construction projects (including those that support such projects to ensure
the availability of needed facilities, transportation, energy and communications; and support to
ensure the effective removal, storage, and disposal of solid waste and hazardous waste)
• Commercial Retail Stores, that supply essential sectors, including convenience stores, pet supply
stores, auto supplies and repair, hardware and home improvement, and home appliance retailers
• Workers supporting the entertainment industries, studios, and other related establishments,
provided they follow covid-19 public health guidance around social distancing.
• Workers critical to operating Rental Car companies that facilitate continuity of operations for
essential workforces, and other essential travel
• Workers that provide or determine eligibility for food, shelter, in-home supportive services, child
welfare, adult protective services and social services, and other necessities of life for economically
disadvantaged or otherwise needy individuals (including family members)
• Professional services, such as legal or accounting services, when necessary to assist in compliance
with legally mandated activities and critical sector services
• Faith based services that are provided through streaming or other technology
• Laundromats and laundry services

russ p

• Cobble Crimpers
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 12:05:46 PM »
Currently the new thought on getting tested is only test if it’s going to change the course of management for the illness. They want to save the tests for health care workers and the gravely ill.  Another reason is that when getting tested the staff have to fully suit up in protective gear that is in short supply and high demand in the hospitals, and if u r positive but only exhibiting mild symptoms all their gonna do is tell u to go home, rest, fluids, self isolate...if your bored you can read my plea as a hospital RN to please stay the fuck home, over on the masters of mud rendezvous thread.  How many finger tendons are going to get tweaked after we all start climbing again after all this down time?

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2020, 02:41:04 PM »

Don't hang out.
   Hang board

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 02:51:35 PM »
Don't hang out.

Put the mouse back in the house.(Friends fans will get it)

New rule; self isolating, self censoring...
If I compose a post and then have to think about whether or not to post it...I don't.
One wheel shy of normal

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2020, 02:53:51 PM »

Put the mouse back in the house.(Seinfeld fans will get it)

New rule; self isolating, self censoring...
If I compose a post and then have to think about whether or not to post it...I don't.

^^

Should I respond with:

1. Who are you and what have you done with J.C.?

or

2. Ahh, why start that now?

Love you. Mean it.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 04:04:05 PM »
Clink, yup, next is to mount the hangboard. Hate to do it since I hate to ruin my painting work.

On Monday, after stockpiling food, my last stop was to buy some weights for working out.

So far it's going well. Plus  James is getting workouts in as well.

I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 06:03:49 PM »
stay at home and share the bare necessities

morganhilllife

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 05:33:49 PM »
Gov Inslee just sent out the Stay at Home Order.  They chose this instead of Shelter In Place.  I guess it sounds better but it is basically the same.
Here's to sweat in your eye

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 06:02:52 AM »

“Art has always been the raft onto which we climb to save our sanity. I don’t see a different purpose for it now.” ~ Dorothea Tanning

I've been reading more, this is my art raft some of the time and can be done at home.  :)