Author Topic: Please Stay Home - The Statistics  (Read 19684 times)

Brad Young

• Grand Master
Re: Please Stay Home - The Statistics
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2020, 03:23:13 PM »

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2020, 03:28:23 PM »
 ;D
Here's to sweat in your eye

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2020, 04:51:16 PM »
Yup, saw all the parks in portola valley were closed.

Tragic!
I'm not worthy.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2020, 07:46:34 PM »
Meeting setup...since it's highly likely the MoM will be cancelled or put off.
3/29/20 @ 7pm

BYOB

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/707170715

Whoops. Did you guys do a virtual hangout with clink in the tub?
One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2020, 08:01:43 PM »
yep

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2020, 08:32:55 PM »

Was showing them my magic bubbles trick, but accidentally dropped my phone in the tub. :(
Causing trouble when not climbing.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2020, 09:26:39 AM »

yep

Invalid without pictures. Who took a screen shot of the call?
One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2020, 12:53:40 PM »
If no one saw it did not happen. 
Sometimes it is best not to have witnesses

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2020, 05:24:05 PM »
Well, I went from hero to pariah at the office today. All within 30 seconds.

I always start out there as a hero (they love me, of course).

But I got a little hurried with a sip of coffee. Half of it (it seemed) went down the wrong tube. Naturally I started coughing immediately. And kept coughing for half an hour. A dry hacking cough....

Yikes!

briham89

• Mudders
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2020, 09:58:17 PM »
Oops

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2020, 04:27:54 PM »
I can setup another one.

Just no Clink in the tub!!!
I'm not worthy.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2020, 04:58:18 PM »
I can setup another one.

Just no Clink in the tub!!!

No point if clink is not going to be blowing bubbles.
One wheel shy of normal

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2020, 08:09:50 PM »
I know technology is hard to learn.

I'm not worthy.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2020, 05:42:39 AM »
https://www.npr.org/series/812054919/the-coronavirus-crisis

Malaysia has the largest number of COVID-19 cases in Southeast Asia with more than 2,900 and counting. This week, Malaysia's government also had a serious public relations issue after an ill-conceived plan went online.

Don't Nag Your Husband During Lockdown, Malaysia's Government Advises Women

The ministry also advised women to refrain from being "sarcastic" if they asked for help with household chores. And it urged women working from home to dress up and wear makeup.

"(It) is extremely condescending both to women and men," Nisha Sabanayagam, a manager at the advocacy group All Women's Action Society, told Reuters. "These posters promote the concept of gender inequality and perpetuate the concept of patriarchy."

The ministry's advice to women was not the only governmental misstep as it confronted the coronavirus. The country's movement control order on March 18 specified that only the "head of the household" should leave the house to purchase necessities.

While the order did not indicate whether that person was male or female, men took it upon themselves to brave the grocery store.

It didn't work out so well for many.

Facebook posts showed male heads of households having a tough go of it in the aisles, either staring in confusion at lists in their hands or taking instruction over their cellphones from central command back home.

Technology is helping everyone, I think.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2020, 05:52:00 AM »
https://www.usatoday.com/news/world/

This is what China did to beat coronavirus. Experts say America couldn't handle it

In late February, as coronavirus infections mounted in Wuhan, China, local authorities went door-to-door for health checks – forcibly isolating every resident in makeshift hospitals and temporary quarantine shelters, even separating parents from young children who displayed symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how seemingly mild.
Caretakers at the city's ubiquitous large apartment buildings were pressed into service as ad hoc security guards, monitoring the temperatures of all residents, deciding who could come in, and implementing inspections of delivered food and medicines.
We couldn't go outside under any circumstances. Not even if you have a pet," said Wang Jingjun, 27, a graduate student who returned to Wuhan from the Chinese coastal province of Guangdong, which borders Hong Kong and Macau, in mid-January to live with her elderly mother and grandparents. "Those with dogs had to play with them inside and teach them to use the bathroom in a certain spot," she said.

Outside, drones hovered above streets, yelling at people to get inside and scolding them for not wearing face masks, while elsewhere in China facial-recognition software, linked to a mandatory phone app that color-coded people based on their contagion risk, decided who could enter shopping malls, subways, cafes and other public spaces.

Science non-fiction, and a long ways from Winnie the Pooh.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2020, 05:37:34 PM »
Yeah, some pretty strong tactics.

That leaves me to believe this will drag on and get worse.
I'm not worthy.

JC w KC redux

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2020, 08:03:30 AM »
This was posted on the Pinnacles facebook page yesterday.

It would appear the party is almost over.

Your Attention Please:

Some visitors are attempting to subvert the protective measures put in place to maintain social distance and safe use of the Park during this pandemic.

Pinnacles National Park remains closed to visitors, except campers with prior reservations. The services available exist to provide respite for individuals that already live together, and RV-users to 'shelter-in-place'. This allows the park to maintain a level of visitation that is manageable under the current local, state and federal Covid-19 guidance. It is not intended to be a gathering place for friends or parties.

Please respect this closure, so that we may continue to safely serve the public in these challenging times.
One wheel shy of normal

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2020, 12:49:46 PM »
Great posts today JC.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2020, 05:01:53 AM »
 a couple of subjects from NASAR enews letter.

President's Message   Share on FacebookTwitterShare on LinkedinE-mail article
NASAR
It’s time for a “shout out” to SAR professionals as they help other first responders and medical professionals during the COVID 19 crisis. Many SAR teams also perform community services outside of SAR duties. Many SAR personnel have medical licenses as Emergency Medical Responders or Emergency Medical Technicians and are willing to step up to aid in community events (not that there are many of those going on). There is some evidence that the “stay at home” proclamations have seen people going into the outdoors, so SAR callouts are still occurring.

For the SAR community, please be sure to decontaminate your personal and team equipment if you are involved in an operation with a patient or victim contact. There are resources on the internet that can be consulted for guidance on cleaning just about anything. Stay safe!

Thank You for what you do!

Mike

Coronavirus: Hiker Precautions Amid Limited Search And Rescue
King County officials are asking hikers to take certain precautions amid the spread of the coronavirus.
By Geoff Dempsey, Patch Staff
Mar 20, 2020 12:16 pm PT

KING COUNTY, WA — The King County Sheriff's Office is reminding hikers to follow certain hiking safety precautions. The request comes amid a spike in calls for search and rescue of lost hikers alongside limited searcher availability.

The ongoing pandemic of the new coronavirus has first responders tied up, and is also affecting the King County Search and Rescue volunteers, a release from the sheriff's office says.

"The Sheriff's Office and King County Search and Rescue want to remind everyone, if you are hiking be prepared with the 10 essentials and safe practices while outdoors."

"The number of searchers could be greatly diminished and the response time could be longer than normal for rescue if needed," the release says.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2020, 05:07:34 AM »