Author Topic: Has It Come to (Just) This?  (Read 10031 times)

Brad Young

• Grand Master
Re: Has It Come to (Just) This?
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2020, 08:27:26 AM »
Fortunately our older dog Charlotte hasn't been too stressed by all this. As she gets older she seems to sprawl even more in her evening repose. Here's a normal evening at bedtime:

Happy dogs make happy people.

briham89

• Mudders
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2020, 10:03:12 AM »
I miss that happy dog

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2020, 05:42:17 AM »

Our 17 yo cat is happy. He unfortunately caught a weasel Sunday. Now I expect twice the hunting work out of him for killing another predator. Mice, moles and ground squirrels are his normal fair. There are many birds in the yard. He doesn't hunt birds.
 Many of the birds are territorial. It is constant war.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2020, 03:17:33 PM »
Man, it's not like I've been climbing all that much during the last two months. Well none until two weeks ago.

But I think I just re-learned that 5.9 squeeze chimneys are pretty physical. With a touch of brutality too when the sides of the chimney are so sharp and knobby that they're like wood rasps.

Worthwhile day. Especially so as Joel P got in his first climbing since last October (shoulder finally gave out then and surgery was in December). For the record, he did not do the chimney, but some slab routes instead. I actually refused to belay him on a 5.10 slab toprope though - no way I was letting him get into a "fuckitbackup" situation.

The crowds are already starting to arrive up here....

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2020, 11:34:57 AM »
In other news, I might be done leading 5.9 offwidth/squeeze chimney routes with sharp, sharp crystals for the season. Even with long pants on they hurt (I changed into shorts after the climbing):

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2020, 01:09:24 PM »
Annnd now Katie's moving to Montana in a week (she's found advantageous living and economic conditions).

Why post this? I keep smiling because I know exactly, exactly what's going through J.C.'s mind after reading "the moving to Montana" part  ::)

Tuff Chik

• Mudders
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2020, 02:09:12 PM »
Annnd now Katie's moving to Montana in a week (she's found advantageous living and economic conditions).

Why post this? I keep smiling because I know exactly, exactly what's going through J.C.'s mind after reading "the moving to Montana" part  ::)

Too funny - I was messaging with Katie the other day and she mentioned moving to Montana and I immediately asked her if she was going to be a dental floss tycoon.  I told her to see if she could find the song on line.  ;D

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2020, 02:10:03 PM »

Raisin' it up
Waxin' it down
In a little white box
That I can sell uptown
By myself I wouldn't have no boss
But I'd be raisin' my lonely dennil floss  :lol: :blahblah: :guitar: :ihih:
One wheel shy of normal