Author Topic: I crashed  (Read 8034 times)

clink

• Meanderthal
Re: I crashed
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2020, 02:03:00 PM »
My dad's gmc fits in nicely, forrest green with pink decorative accent.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2020, 02:10:52 PM »
I'm calling BS on that.
There are different types of e bikes.
These people are clearly not making any significant forward progress by pedaling.

Even for e-bikes that have a throttle, you'll need to pedal when going up long, steep hills, although you won't have to pedal hard. Pedaling is more fun, extends the range of your battery, extends the life of your motor, and extends your own life too.

Google before you speak, Cro-Magnon.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2020, 05:17:11 PM »
Good man Klink!

I hope you got some tight tight shorts to boot as well. Plus go sleeveless on the jersey.
Socks you gotta get the high top ones....white is good.

Let me know if you want to ride Demo....

The e-bikes are scary from the perspective of more speed and the potential of a more intense crash due to the faster speeds.
This is more from a road riding perspective where they would pass me on the dumbarton bridge. Trail....they look heavy.

It’s annoying when they pass you on the fire road out of Demo.
I'm not worthy.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2020, 05:42:12 PM »
Wow this thread has over taken the Poop thread.
I'm not worthy.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2020, 07:02:40 PM »
I'm guessing NOAL has a Cutthroat bike.

Good guessing there. Makes the "who farted" look even funnier right?

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2020, 08:03:56 AM »
Even for e-bikes that have a throttle, you'll need to pedal when going up long, steep hills, although you won't have to pedal hard. Pedaling is more fun, extends the range of your battery, extends the life of your motor, and extends your own life too.
 Google before you speak, Cro-Magnon.

There are still throttle only bikes out there. I see the local snobs zipping down the beach on their fat tires and no pedaling.
The depth of your bike knowledge would fit in a thimble - must be all that reading you do.
No wonder your forehead is so small.
One wheel shy of normal

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2020, 02:08:11 PM »
There are still throttle only bikes out there. I see the local snobs zipping down the beach on their fat tires and no pedaling.
The depth of your bike knowledge would fit in a thimble - must be all that reading you do.
No wonder your forehead is so small.

Dear Early Man,
You may be right about a small amount of the locals having throttle only bikes. Probably the same ones shooting off illegal fireworks and making the Aptos beaches great and littered again.

I went on my first ride this morning. I happily sucked!

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2020, 02:27:58 PM »
Dear Early Man,
You may be right about a small amount of the locals having throttle only bikes. Probably the same ones shooting off illegal fireworks and making the Aptos beaches great and littered again.
 I went on my first ride this morning. I happily sucked!

Dear Meandering Fool,

What did you suck? I mean for goodness sake - it's a freakin' bicycle.
Certainly even a knuckle dragger like you can ride a BICYCLE - that takes almost zero natural ability. Maybe you need to evolve!
I'd say at most you are overdramatizing (popular these days) and were likely only sucking wind.

And it's Rio Del Mar on this side of the highway (said with nose in the air).  :out: :prrr: :ciappa:
One wheel shy of normal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2020, 08:21:48 PM »
I will admit to being a bit of a bike snob.  I tend to ride high end gear, or at least upgrade to what I selectively consider high end gear.  But, when it comes to bicycles I am a complete whore.  I really will ride anything once, and love to swap bikes with people my size for a short section of trail.  Obviously you have to know the person well enough to know they will not take off with it.  The thing about the Bay Area is there are so many incredible riders and most of the rich, snobby elite folks are not electrified.  Those are the middle tier riders.  The fast guys and gals ride all kinds of stuff.  When I was in fairly decent shape I regularly got passed by this guy on a rigid single speed and it was not carbon.  The guy rocked.  There are a few high end riders on electrics just because.  But most of the fast folks I know just ride, because they can. 

I know this one guy at work who was talking about passing guys on electric bikes.  He is just this old, really low key guy that crushes it on 2rd gen out of the box mid tier bikes.  There was this guy Roy in the Bay Area, who recently passed away, that would regularly keep up with just about anyone short of a pro on an old 1980's Trek, half the time it had panniers on it.   There is this story of him riding one of his first Rando's where he rides up to this guy who is a local legend, and has the course record for this ride, and Roy rides with him to the finish, while talking.  At first people thought it was some kind of stunt.  But it was just Roy.  One of the most low key guys you could meet.

I do agree though that road bikers tend to be a snobby bunch and quite often aggro.  Mountain biking seems to be heading in the same direction.  The gravel crowd can be but is still eclectic enough to be fairly chill if not completely stoned out of their minds.  Drop bar guys are looked on kind of like a bunch of weirdos since they do not really fit in either world. 

Have fun out there and,
Here's to sweat in your eye

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2020, 08:31:12 PM »
^^^

I went climbing today. Third day in a row. Fabulous granite.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2020, 08:37:25 PM »
I cleared bush and moved dirt all weekend, put down wood chips, swept, wept, then went for a ride and cleaned a bit.  Got dizzy during part of the ride, I think I should have ate and drank more.  Did not crash.  The funny part of losing my shoe in that last crash is I was riding flats.  How do you lose a shoe when riding flats?

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2020, 08:42:07 PM »

Did not crash.

Sounds like a great day right there.

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2020, 10:51:22 AM »
He crashed!!! Even *I* consider myself too old to have another crash in my life!  :frown2: :nono: :justmad:

Now, do we not have a REAL cyclist here? I can't believe nobody asked.  :rolleyes:

Is the bike okay?
Inch by inch, I will get there.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2020, 01:04:07 PM »
Bike okay?

Meh, he can fix whatever he breaks.

I'm not worthy.

Tuff Chik

• Mudders
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2020, 04:27:17 PM »
Now, do we not have a REAL cyclist here? I can't believe nobody asked.  :rolleyes:

Is the bike okay?

I should have asked.  I wrecked on my road bike several years ago during a Mermaid Mini-Tri, and I immediately got back up, hopped on the bike and started making sure everything on the bike was working.  Wasn't even worried about my injuries. :-)

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2020, 07:47:36 PM »
Theres all kinds of weirdos out there riding bicycles.

Was going up Kings Mt yesterday.  Got to the entrance to Huddart and this guy riding a fold up commuter bike thing pulled out in front of me.  We went around the next turn and I passed him.  He stayed behind me all the way to the mailboxes.  We even passed a couple of  road bikers. 

Another day was also on Kings Mt and saw a teenage girl on a single speed girls huffy type bike flying downhill above Huddart.  You could hear her coming before you saw her because the bike was rattling so much and she was laughing.

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2020, 06:48:36 AM »
^^^
When you get to the top pf King's Mtn do you stand on the summit and dare folks to knock you off?
One wheel shy of normal

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2020, 07:05:37 AM »
I usually eat a stroopwaffle.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2020, 07:36:30 AM »
Noal, remember no skateboarding down Kings Mountain road!!

I used to always chuckle eyeing that sign. I think they meant no luge boards.....

I'm not worthy.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2020, 02:50:50 PM »
It could see this on Kings Mt.