Author Topic: The road to the pink pussycat  (Read 11448 times)

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
Re: The road to the pink pussycat
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2020, 09:54:44 AM »
The hang board with the app once a week sounds like a good plan.  Primarily because you can track your progress and see definite gains.

Doing general fitness exercises and keeping track of how many reps with how much weight is IMO the way to go when I am completely out of shape.  Once you are in shape then you can specify your training to your goal. 

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan there.

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2020, 10:25:04 AM »
I need to find my own pussycat!

This was on Monday. After a day of watching time slip away, I caught the sight of my to-do list written down in the morning when I was still feeling optimistic about myself. By now, pretty much all the items would have to be pushed to next day. That made me feel disappointed. There was still one last item planned for after dinner: trail run. Unlike bicycling that requires me to bring the bike down from the rack, pump up the tires, and don all the cycling clothes -- ugh, too much work -- running needs little. I knew it would make me feel good after the run. But instead, I grabbed the key and drove to TJ's. Surprise! They had the Almond Danish on the shelf! (While driving, I debated with myself whether I should wish they were out of stock.) I bought two boxes and laughed with the cashier when she made the comment, "oh, those are so good that it's hard not to finish them in one sitting." After reaching home, I finished one box (8 servings). On Tuesday, I finished the second. That made me feel good. And that also made me feel bad.

I found the 800 number for Employee Assistance Program I saved from months ago. Time to give them a call. Counseling sessions are offered through the program. I spent one hour on the phone to answer a lot of questions for validation, authorization, and assessment.  I probably said it 10 times in various ways, "no, I'm not suicidal", although, TBH, the question crossed my mind when I was stuffing myself with the last bit of the almond danish, "am I killing myself eating this way?" At least, it was tasty. I got the authorization code and a list of practitioners. Called a few. Turned out none of them have openings (esp. for EAP). Well, can't count on them for help then.

Then I saw this thread. I'm glad that Mr. Mud found his pussycat. Don't lose sight! Now, I just need to find my own!

Inch by inch, I will get there.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2020, 05:03:33 PM »

The danish is the right choice. A reason to run and therapy all in one.

Have any of you ever had a Beckmann's Bakery Berry Bomb pie? It is highly addictive! Beckmann's is the bakery adjoined to Pacific Edge climbing gym.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2020, 06:52:36 PM »
I ride tubeless.

See...I told you it was a snob job.
One wheel shy of normal

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2020, 07:04:14 PM »
This young very beautiful gal comes by with her dog.  She was wearing a sheer top with a hot pink bikini top underneath.  She walked her dog around the small lawn, hesitates, smiles and then waves at us and leaves.  The Gods are crazy.

Are you sure she was waving at you?
There was probably some much younger guy behind you with a man bun and a beard - eating avocado toast.
Brad said you have long hair now.
I imagine with the beard and long stringy hair you look a lot like Aqualung.
One wheel shy of normal

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2020, 07:15:14 PM »

I don't train so I won't be much help on this thread.
If I can't do it off the couch and it's not just fun I am really not interested.
Good on you guys though for having goals.
I've never had much ambition.
It's just too bothersome.
I was born to be a slacker.
Retirement is perfect for me.
I always tell Kat that you only get so many heart beats per life time.
That means it is important to avoid cardio because that speeds up your heart and cuts your life short.

One wheel shy of normal

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2020, 07:20:48 PM »

Brad said you have long hair now.

I should have been more clear: long for him (it's a little longer than mine is after I get a haircut).

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2020, 07:36:24 PM »
I should have been more clear: long for him (it's a little longer than mine is after I get a haircut).

Geezus! You two should grow a pair...er...I mean some hair  :lol: :prrr:
One wheel shy of normal

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2020, 09:46:16 PM »
On Tuesday, I finished the second. That made me feel good. And that also made me feel bad.

Sometimes this could be motivation.  Mark Twight talks about something similar in one of his books.  In between big climbs he would drink and eat in excess so he would loathe himself so much he would train harder.

After one of those death rides you do you could eat three or four boxes of danishes.

I've never had much ambition. 

I'm calling BS on that.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2020, 06:52:34 AM »
I agree with Noal, mudworm. Sometimes "binging" can create motivation. And sometimes binging a little can just help as a momentary lapse of discipline in an otherwise very disciplined health regimen. It's healthy in other words, as long as you don't get carried away.

My weakness is donuts. When a staff member brings donuts to the office. I don't need them and I whine about them being there. And then I show some weakness.

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2020, 08:08:12 AM »
Geezus! You two should grow a pair...er...I mean some hair  :lol: :prrr:

This is the look I'm going for - although without the glasses I think Mud could pull it off easier than me.

One wheel shy of normal

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2020, 08:15:50 AM »

This is the look I'm going for - although without the glasses I think Mud could pull it off easier than me.

WAY too high maintenance. Just washing hair that long would be a total pain in the ass.

Funny though, I never pictured J.C. as being high maintenance  :P

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2020, 08:33:41 AM »
WAY too high maintenance. Just washing hair that long would be a total pain in the ass.
Funny though, I never pictured J.C. as being high maintenance  :P

From the guy who has never had long hair.
Really no big deal and besides - You could do dreadlocks  :yesnod: :ihih: :devildevil:
One wheel shy of normal

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2020, 08:52:31 AM »
Anybody here watch the series Fortitude? Dan remind you of anyone?

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2020, 08:56:08 AM »

From the guy who has never had long hair.
Really no big deal and besides - You could do dreadlocks  :yesnod: :ihih: :devildevil:

And also from the guy who thinks it's a waste of time to heat food  ::)

Some things (hair maintenance included) are just not time spent well.

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2020, 09:31:14 AM »
Anybody here watch the series Fortitude? Dan remind you of anyone?

Dopplemudder
One wheel shy of normal

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2020, 02:58:14 PM »
I agree with Noal, mudworm. Sometimes "binging" can create motivation. And sometimes binging a little can just help as a momentary lapse of discipline in an otherwise very disciplined health regimen. It's healthy in other words, as long as you don't get carried away.

My weakness is donuts. When a staff member brings donuts to the office. I don't need them and I whine about them being there. And then I show some weakness.

Donut Factory - Apple Fritters
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2020, 08:29:22 PM »
Sometimes "binging" can create motivation.

I almost jumped out of my chair seeing one opportunity to correct you because I have read a few books on bingeing among many other self help topics. But I looked it up first and read this (source):
Both binging and bingeing are acceptable, according to dictionaries. However, around 1980, retaining the E became distinctly more popular than dropping it, according to Google Ngram Viewer.
Okay.... but I'm pretty sure it's way past 1980 already.  ;D

Thanks guys! Now I feel that I've gained a couple more accountability partners than just Mr. Mud. I went for my quick run this evening.
Inch by inch, I will get there.

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2020, 06:58:48 AM »
Bouldered yesterday. Mostly just holding body tension to test elbow. Turns out shoulder is weak AF.
Today after work will go hike something. Maybe Burst Rock.
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2020, 09:41:11 AM »