Author Topic: The road to the pink pussycat  (Read 11667 times)

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
Re: The road to the pink pussycat
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2020, 08:22:14 PM »
No perms.  New rule is any day I do not work out I have to feed the Pink Pussycat Overlord a dollar.  two days ago I feed the Overlord.   Trying to keep it to a minumum.
Here's to sweat in your eye

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2020, 07:43:14 AM »
I was shredding cheese last night and thought I would share my grip workout routine.
I shred mozzarella (round), cheddar (rectangular) and parmesan (wedge) on a regular basis.
Holding the shredder also presents a challenge.
The different sizes and shapes of the cheese provide ever-changing grip patterns and as you shred - the size and shape of the block gets smaller - so you have to compensate. Stirring and folding the freshly shredded cheese into various recipes provides shredding rests and other grip challenges.
Eventually you get to eat the cheese - providing the saturated fats you need to build muscle and endurance.
NEVER use low fat cheese.  :biggrin: :ihih:
One wheel shy of normal

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2020, 08:52:10 AM »
Sounds cheesy.

JC w KC redux

• Agent Orange
  • my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2020, 10:40:32 AM »
Sounds cheesy.

Last night's broccoli, cauliflower and sausage casserole had freshly grated mozzarella, marbled cheddar and parmesan - plus sour cream, cream cheese and a splash of heavy cream with three eggs and spices. I put cottage cheese and more sour cream on it to chow down.

We put a small pool in out back so we can swim through saturated fat between meals (just kidding - no snacks needed between meals).
One wheel shy of normal

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2020, 01:37:43 PM »

Great grating workout.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2020, 08:08:54 PM »
There's no-where that this post really belongs. I'll put it here because it is about a very strong climber (as will be Dennis when he reaches his goal), and Dennis has climbed (put up routes even) with this strong climber.

Tom Addison. He climbs up here in The Lost World. He's developed what, 100 climbs there? From 5.6 to 5.13b. Including what's likely the best 5.8 on the Sonora Pass Highway. Great eye for a line. Funnier than hell. He creates excellent routes by really working hard (cleaning, toproping, cleaning, bolting, and lots of cleaning).

This last Sunday he was working to prepare a new route down there. He really puts in a lot of effort to clean routes. Macro-cleaning (the big stuff) and micro-cleaning. In this case he thought that maybe a large block was loose and needed to be trundled.

There was another party climbing in The Lost World. They were significantly down-cliff; nowhere near the line of fall.

Tom started trying to move the block (BIG - eight feet by eight feet, by two feet thick). Suddenly, BOOM, the whole thing shifted and then dropped. With almost no effort, no notice and no ability to warn the down-cliff party.

According to Tom, the block exploded in the talus with the sound of an echoing "nuclear explosion." Wow! As the echo subsided, and with no control over what had already occurred, Tom simply said, in his loudest speaking voice: "rock?"

The down-cliff party ran into him later. The rock fall had scared the holy shit out of them. But when they heard Tom say "rock?" First they knew he was OK and then they just started laughing.

Kinda glad I wasn't there to see it.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2020, 08:27:07 PM »
Trundling is definitely a perk of new routing. 

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2020, 10:00:55 PM »
And the crazy part is Tom drives down there in a Prius!!!

Trundling is fun. One time at Sugar Loaf after the fire, I rolled a big rock (3ft by 3ft). Down it went and impacted a couple burned trees, which exploded on impact. Not the smartest judgment on my part considering that rock could have kept going all the way down to hwy 50.

I'm not worthy.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2020, 02:05:02 PM »
Good to hear no one hurt.  Sounds like an eventful moment.

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2020, 02:15:06 PM »
And hope you are still progressing forward on your road to the pink pussycat, or re-read the first post. :)

Good to hear no one hurt.  Sounds like an eventful moment.
Inch by inch, I will get there.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2020, 02:44:38 PM »
Yes, basic fitness is up.  I am probably behind schedule for the two minute hang time on the wall.  I am am a bit behind on creating a weekly schedule/plan.

I have started to weigh myself regularly and I down to about 150 pounds which is good because I was much heavier.  Getting ready to go for a ride here in a bit. 

mudworm

• Head Mistress
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2020, 03:00:06 PM »
 :thumbup:

You are my inspiration!

Yes, basic fitness is up.  I am probably behind schedule for the two minute hang time on the wall.  I am am a bit behind on creating a weekly schedule/plan.

I have started to weigh myself regularly and I down to about 150 pounds which is good because I was much heavier.  Getting ready to go for a ride here in a bit.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2021, 08:25:30 PM »
A bit of a summary.  This has actually been a struggle, I have never really found it hard to find motivation to work out but the last couple of years it has been hard.  I have felt good in that lately I have been on a bit of a roll.  I have not been riding a ton but I have been riding some of the most technical trails that I ever have.  I moved my office into a spare room and moved a weight bench and weights into there as well.  I do curls and other exercises while in meetings and sometimes between meetings.  It felt good to be moving forward.  Not the progress I want but progress.  Then I fractured a rib moving a recliner for my stepmom.  Then I found some super cool trails and proceeded to crash on the fractured rib.  I lay there on the ground thinking, all these years and I have not learned anything.  A couple of weeks prior I had made a commitment to climb, so Saturday I went climbing, toward the end of the day I had to beg out of more climbing because I was comfortably in pain.  Sunday I woke up uncomfortably in pain.  Still have not learned. 

mudworm

• Head Mistress
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2021, 09:44:54 PM »
Sorry to hear, Mr. Mud! The road just got a little longer, but don’t lose sight of your goal. You always get there.

Get a good night of sleep. Tomorrow will be a new and better day!

And we all could use some learning.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2021, 04:04:45 PM »

Iron Man had a suit. A full body suit, Mud. Even if it's just Kevlar with multiple air bags attached.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2021, 02:53:41 PM »
Buck up!!! Keep on the road.
You will get there!
I'm not worthy.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2021, 02:01:29 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement.  I have continued to workout with weights just not doing any core.  Did a small ride yesterday but nothing really challenging. 

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2021, 03:59:17 PM »
That's a little Feral there bud. Could have been worse, I suppose. Heal up! The pics lately have been quite good on ig. You heard about Brad's mishap? I got some torque in my left knee. F4 had 3 holes in his finger tips. Getting old ain't for sissies my friend. Strategy and the tactics. I bought a weight bench. Figure that's the only way to fight muscular atrophy. Got just under 12 miles of hiking in last weekend. Also got a shit ton of skeet bites. TR'd a short 10a clean. Going back up after this trick knee mellows out.

"comfortably in pain" - I do not think it means what you think it means.
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2021, 04:27:35 PM »

Looks like Frankenstein would only get enough parts for less than half a Monster from the offerings here.

I pulled something in my left side abdomen Friday between pouring concrete and trying something new and am currently laying flat on my back hoping it knits back nicely.

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2021, 09:17:46 PM »
Another one bites the dust! oh man! Heal fast hombre!
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge