Author Topic: Trip Report: Under the Gun on Shasta (feat. falling mud)  (Read 788 times)

Zay

Trip Report: Under the Gun on Shasta (feat. falling mud)
« on: January 25, 2021, 07:20:26 AM »
Hi all,

Forgive me for posting about other mud piles (turns out Pinns is not alone)... but you see, I have wiped all my other online personalities... (I would have kept my Supertopo acclunt too, but we know what happened there (RIP))... So this here beautiful forum is my last bastion of cybernetic outlets... and Brad said I should post it here anyways :)

May I, will humility and respect, present to you my latest adventure story: Under the Gun on Shasta

https://zay.design/2021/01/24/under-fire-on-shasta/

I hope you enjoy, and as an aspiring writer, any and all thoughts are welcome.

F4?

• unworthy
Re: Trip Report: Under the Gun on Shasta (feat. falling mud)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 07:47:04 AM »
Nice!

We always Year after year waited for a nice high pressure to make a winter acent.
Our break came on March 1st.

We made our scent by casuval ridge. It was a trip as we only saw 1 other group....who were roping up.

My main regret was not spending more time skiing!

Casual ridge is a much safer after route in the winter than Avalanche gultch. Plus I swear avalanche gulch is longer since the route goes into the mountain, then out....just my opinion.

Now I am just a simple guy when it comes to mr Shasta in the winter......Jim M and his brother......masters.

Let me know if you want more unless Shasta beta.

I'm not worthy.

F4?

• unworthy
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 07:59:16 AM »
So here is my Shasta story that involves Jim M.....
My Q
1st winter try, we are hiking in a d the could clear....to reveal climbing way up high up on casual.
We ended up being stuck at bunny flat for 3days.

At one point we moved up the shoulder of casuvsl, to get to the ridge. We couldn’t even make it up that part.
While playing with a fixed line, down come 3 climbers, like the conditions were nothing.

Turns out years lasted Jim mentions a Shasta trip before his McKinley trip. So I think it was him.
A d he didn’t even say hi!

After that episode, I was hooked on a Shasta winter ascent it’s truly a grand prize.

Keep at it and stick to the ridge.
I'm not worthy.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 09:29:46 AM »

Read this one and followed the links to two others - the "Pickles" and "Kung Fu" TRs.

Entertaining stuff.
One wheel shy of normal