Author Topic: WEEKEND UPDATE  (Read 11074 times)

clink

• Meanderthal
Re: WEEKEND UPDATE
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2023, 05:36:53 AM »

I missed getting pics of the majority of the group as they were climbing in earshot but out of sight, on my hike up a pre-fire suppression trail towards Mechanic's Delight. Lovely day
Causing trouble when not climbing.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2023, 09:05:42 AM »
Nice photos!  Did you hike into the park again?

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2023, 10:36:14 AM »
 Nope, I drove. On the way out I stopped by the roses to detox from being in that corridor with both Brad and JC at the same time.
 Actually, I stopped to break my fast with an avocado, and mainly because of fear of using a knife to cut it open and remove the seed while driving.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2023, 12:50:30 PM »
Actually, I stopped to break my fast with an avocado, and mainly because of fear of using a knife to cut it open and remove the seed while driving.

Totally doable while driving.  Best place to do it is right as you hit that roller coaster dip after you turn on the road to the West side.  I usually floor it right there take both hands off the wheel ,throw them up and scream "Throw yo hands in the air if you's a tru playa!"

looks easy from here

• Mudders
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2023, 07:47:56 AM »
Totally doable while driving.  Best place to do it is right as you hit that roller coaster dip after you turn on the road to the West side.  I usually floor it right, there take both hands off the wheel ,throw them up and scream "Throw yo hands in the air if you's a tru playa!"
Ha! I scared the crap out of a couple of my buddies the first time I took them to the West Side. They didn't know it was coming until suddenly they were floating against the headliner of the car.  >:D

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2023, 07:53:37 AM »
As usual, I am surrounded by freaks.

burnsbabe

• Cobble Crimpers
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2023, 07:56:01 AM »
As usual, I am surrounded by freaks.

It seems like you invite it. Good day the other day.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2023, 05:17:19 AM »

Loaded up a new pack and did a little scrambling/bouldering in the shade on Saturday. No climbers in sight, must have all been on the 108.
 I know, too far north for the "the".

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2023, 05:30:02 AM »
 it was nice to climb out of the fog layer and see the sun at Pinnacles! I made it to the fog/sun break or battle point in Big Sur on Sunday. 95% of the hike was in the marine layer, a mostly grey and white experience. No guac, just avocados.

There are no snow peaks though.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2023, 09:54:46 AM »
Nice
Here's to sweat in your eye

looks easy from here

• Mudders
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2023, 01:50:31 PM »
Brad, I think you made the right call on those socks. It took me at least 25 minutes of concentrated effort to clear my and Bonnie socks of stickers.

Unrelated, what was that overhanging 5.6 you mentioned, and where is it? Was it on BLB?

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2023, 02:44:09 PM »
The overhanging 5.6 is on The Rolling Stones. It's called Ockham's Hairbrush. The Rolling Stones are in the seventh of seven parts of the new routes thread. And that part is temporarily on page seven (not where it should be on page one).

Bonnie Lass Buttress is on the same page/same part.

looks easy from here

• Mudders
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2023, 02:54:37 PM »
Primo, thanks. I'd forgotten about the page 7 situation. That explains why I didn't get any hits for Digby when I searched page 1.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2023, 03:24:03 PM »
Went out to Juniper Canyon yesterday with Marco, Mikayla, and  Brad the guidebook guy. Climbed some of Marco and Gavin's new routes. Got scraped up in a wide crack, led a couple of fun 5.7's , TR'd a super good 10b, and did a 3 pitch easy 5th  adventure climb.  It was a fun day.  Route of the day goes to Shadow of the Colossus.  Good rock and fun climb.   Here's Mikayla getting started on the route.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2023, 03:50:00 PM »

...and Brad the model husband and wonderful, near-perfect father.

Fixed it for you.

And some of us got a little more than scraped up in the wide crack (Choss Fetish). Although maybe it's something I ate; I just walked into a rose bush walking the dogs with Steve. And now that leg's bleeding too.

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2023, 03:55:29 PM »

That looks like a nice streak. Is that the crux since she is reaching for some white courage?
One wheel shy of normal

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2023, 04:06:26 PM »
Fixed it for you.

And some of us got a little more than scraped up in the wide crack (Choss Fetish).

Yes you are so much more than the guidebook guy.  That's right,  Brad dinged his leg pretty hard transferring into the crack. Do you still have a golf ball thing going on?

Is that the crux since she is reaching for some white courage?

No, the crux is higher up.  If the crux was that low I would not say it was a really good route.  I think the move over that lower overlap is maybe 5.8

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2023, 04:17:58 PM »

Yes you are so much more than the guidebook guy.  That's right,  Brad dinged his leg pretty hard transferring into the crack. Do you still have a golf ball thing going on?

No, the crux is higher up.  If the crux was that low I would not say it was a really good route.  I think the move over that lower overlap is maybe 5.8

Leg's less swollen. The muscle that flexes the leg inward (as in holding your body in the crack by swinging the leg forward) is sore. How about you?

And judging by the amount of grunting and swearing Mikayla chucked out at that lower bulge? At least 10a.

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2023, 08:15:09 PM »
I didn't hear any swearing or grunting.  She cruised the whole route. There was some of that going on for the chossy Crack. Especially when her approach shoe got stuck.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2023, 08:29:36 PM »

I didn't hear any swearing or grunting.  She cruised the whole route. There was some of that going on for the chossy Crack. Especially when her approach shoe got stuck.

You'e so damn honest! I swear I thought I heard some.