Author Topic: Sunday the 27th  (Read 7157 times)

Delbomber

• Derek's Clique
Sunday the 27th
« on: May 05, 2007, 03:03:17 PM »
Mark your calenders.  We are planning to do a epic mt bike ride on the 27th.   We may start at Purisma and ride up to Skyline and then take skyline road over to Skeggs and ride there and then back up to Skyline, back down Purisma.   

Delbomber

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
Re: Sunday the 20th
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:07:19 PM »
Dude move this forward/back one weekend.  We will be diving that weekend.  It is a yearly trip, been planned for months.  Move it forward/back a weekend then ya can drop by our place for food and drink plus take a spin on our local ride.
Here's to sweat in your eye

Delbomber

• Derek's Clique
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:10:53 PM »
Let's push it out one week.  I can't pull it in, that's Mothers Day weekend.  Let's shoot for the 27th. 

Delbomber

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 09:33:57 PM »
Delbomber, I think if you click on "Link to Calender" button at the bottom of the thread, you might be able to modify the date on the calender. Maybe even the subject of this thread.
Inch by inch, I will get there.

Delbomber

• Derek's Clique
Re: Sunday the 27th
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 09:45:28 PM »
Hi Mudworm, Sorry to hear your ride did not work out for you today.  Tomorrow will be better.  I am trying to remove the ride on the 20th in the calender. I am a little slow when it come to this kind of stuff. 

Delbomber

mudworm

• Head Mistress
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 09:49:50 PM »
Nah, we are all learning... It seems that the subject line change worked. Also, the new date was marked on the calendar. But the old event could not be removed. At least, I haven't found a way to do it yet. Oh well, no biggie.

Kamikaze

• Derek's Clique
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 08:30:24 AM »
I'm in. Post details (rideshare, time to meet, where to meet, etc)

mudworm

• Head Mistress
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 09:05:02 AM »
Delbomber, I just realized this is in the middle of the Memorial Day long weekend.  Is it possible at all to push this ride by one more day to Monday, May 28?  We are thinking about going up to Downieville for the long weekend, but we will make it back for this ride on Monday. Everyone has that day off, right?

[Edit:] Oh wait, why don't you go up Downieville with us and you guys to the epic ride the weekend after?

mudworm

• Head Mistress
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 08:23:51 PM »
Never mind Downieville. Epic ride on Sunday then. It'll be epic for me for sure.

Delbomber

• Derek's Clique
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 11:34:10 AM »
Hi Mudworm,  Sunday works a little better for me,  This way it gives me Sunday to take care of my "Honey Do List" LOL.  Also Mudworm I herad you may be looking for a new Mt bike. If you are looking at a high end bike and if you are on this fourm you better be,  Take a look at this site http://www.wrenchscience.com/     RM turned me onto it. 

Hey Mr Mud,  Take a look at page 48 and 49.  You know what I am talking about.   There is more. 

Delbomber

mudworm

• Head Mistress
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 01:12:43 PM »
The "Honey Do List" takes higher priority always.  Also, it doesn't matter what day you guys do the epic ride, since Mr Mud and I are not going up to Downieville for the long weekend. 

Quote from: Delbomber
Also Mudworm I herad you may be looking for a new Mt bike...

Yes, I was dreaming about it. But yesterday, after making the payment for the MTB camp (for both of us), we had to search in every hole and under every mat for forgotten coins trying to make ends meet for this month.  That was the end of my dream.  I guess now I HAVE to get better at my skills. Pressure is on.

mudworm

• Head Mistress
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 07:01:58 PM »
Trip report: Today's crew consist of Delbomber the Captain, Kamikaze, Ryan, Mr Mud, and me.  We met at the west parking lot of Purisma Creek Preserve. The coastal fog was so thick that it felt like it was raining. But the ride was not to be called off just because of a little bit of mud on the ground, especially after the 3+ hour drive for the Captain.  Off (and up) we went. The uphill climbs near the start were brutal, but it was very enjoyable after that until almost to the top where another brutal climb waited.  Then we moved along Skyline and hit the Skeggs.  I being the slowest stayed in the back while the rest waited at every intersection. Sometimes, Mr Mud would stay in the back with me.  But the faster riders were having so much fun that they missed one turn while Mr Mud and I turned as planned. After that, it became almost impossible to find each other in the maze of trails. So we kept going and finally regrouped at the very top on Skyline.  Back to Purisma. The downhill on the fire road was a blast.  What a great ride!

I forgot to turn on my GPS until half way up Purisma. Otherwise, I would have had two nice looking loops shown in this image.

Rumor has that riding with Kamikaze, someone is bound to get hurt. Well, that curse has been lifted. Yes, I crashed twice, but everything seems to be still together. But Mr Mud's bike had some mechanical problem -- the rear derailler's cable came off.  According to insiders, that was because Delbomber was on the ride.

Delbomber

• Derek's Clique
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 11:36:37 AM »
I had a great time on Sunday.  Mudworm, you did great, your tore up on that road climb to Skeggs also.    Mr Mud, it doesn’t look like you have lost anything.  You jam through everything that we thrown at you.   Ryan, did great and hammered through the whole ride.  Jeff is animal, and there is nothing to be said about him. LOL.   I was tried and fell asleep all the way back to Livermore. Good thing Jeff drove.   Are you all in for one more big training ride before Downienville?  I was thinking about three weeks before.    Let me know and I will start another thread.   I will also start one for the 24 hr’s.  I was online looking at everything this weekend.  I will call and ask about bringing a trailer.   

Delbomber   

YETITIME

• Derek's Clique
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 04:34:13 PM »
Sounds like everyone had a great time.   ;D

I will definently have to catch the next one....

mudworm

• Head Mistress
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 09:00:10 PM »
Quote from: Delbomber
Are you all in for one more big training ride before Downienville?  I was thinking about three weeks before.    Let me know and I will start another thread.

Captain, thanks for making this ride happen!

We are in for another training ride. But can't do June 16 (in a wedding), or June 23-25 (Skills camp).  As far as our schedule goes, we have June 17, June 30, July 1, July 7 and 8 open.

Delbomber

• Derek's Clique
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 09:15:28 PM »
Mudworm, how about we shoot for June 17th?

Kamikaze

• Derek's Clique
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 09:07:02 AM »
All,

I just wanted to chirp in on Sunday's ride. We had a great turnout and conditions were a bit moist due to the coastal fog, but definitely a epic ride. Everyone rode really well and props have to go out.

1st, way to go mudworm!! All you guy's better get used to her thrashing you on the trail once the skills get up. Derek rode like a champ, and Mr Mud even chased down a few roadies on Skyline. I would have loved to see their faces when he screamed by......priceless!

Ryan manned up and rode his butt off and sent out plenty of expletives toward Derek and I, but made it through in fine fashion. Way to go.

Those of you who missed it, the singletrack in skeggs is great, particularly Salamander trail and the downhill sections of fire road with the whoops in it was just too much fun.

I hope the curse of mine is finally over (most of it was definitely circumstantial!!!) and let the new era of the curse of the Delbomber begin!! Whoooo!!!

Let's definitely do the Purisma/Skegs run again (when it is a bit drier!!)

Kamikaze

YETITIME

• Derek's Clique
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »
I would be in for the 17th....

What are you all thinking same prisma skeggs ride or something different?