Author Topic: salad, are you far from the fire?  (Read 3388 times)

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
salad, are you far from the fire?
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:36:02 AM »
Hope the fire is not affecting your neighborhood.
Inch by inch, I will get there.

salad

• Mudders
Re: salad, are you far from the fire?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 11:42:48 AM »
the fire was in my neighborhood.  i stayed with the house until the flames were about 1/4 mile away from two different directions, we were getting boxed in.  it was a scary drive out, racing a huge plume of smoke that was cutting me off.. got quite hot and the smoke was goin about 30 miles an hour, enveloping all the homes on that hill. (family left 6 hours earlier)

i was up on the roof watering everything down when i saw shit was hitting the fan, a huge gust (maybe 50mph) almost knocked me off the roof, blew my ladder over.  had to down climb.  ran like a bat out of hell to get to the car.

my brother got evacd about 4am from poway, he just called and his house is still standing.

my dad battled flames side by side with his neighbor at the neighbor's place until the firefighters came and kicked em out.  dads house is still standing.

we are back at our house, and things look good, but we are not unpacking as the hills behind us are still burning and another fire has started in valley center, which isnt too far away.

my dad just called and one of his clients (my dad does insurance) that lives about a half a mile from us as the crow flies lost his house, i think more went up over there too (that is the area that was burning and created the plume of smoke i raced out)
eow!

squiddo

• Pin Heads
  • If it itches, scratch it.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:43:45 PM »
Oh man that's awful. Stay safe man.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Every climb gets 3 stars from me until I climb it.
-Anonymous spirited climber

mudworm

• Head Mistress
    • http://www.mxi2000.net
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 01:02:17 PM »
Wow, sounds scary. But were the kids scared, or excited?
Inch by inch, I will get there.

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 01:20:41 PM »
Much good mojo to you and yours.
Here's to sweat in your eye