Author Topic: Newly Established and Found Routes (Since the '07 Guidebook)  (Read 2843664 times)

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
    • http://www.sonorapassclimbing.com
Re: Newly Established and Found Routes (Since the '07 Guidebook)
« Reply #480 on: December 02, 2014, 10:17:20 PM »
Ok, who is posting up the routes from this list on Mtn project? Just print this list out and you got it all.
On Aid at Pinns... It's all A1 til it crumbles. - Munge

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2014, 03:52:39 AM »
I do not have an account there.  Seriously tell those folks if they want this info to come on over and take a look.  At the very least put a link in to provide the source.
Here's to sweat in your eye

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2014, 06:44:20 AM »
All other sites are inferior and only barely tolerated. Ok, except for SPH.
Causing trouble when not climbing.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2014, 07:01:09 AM »
Noal has been and I have been too. I talked with him about his posts there (under a different name than he uses here) and what he said made sense.

He said that he's posted about some of the newer and/or more obscure Pinns routes on that site so that people that otherwise wouldn't hear of/know of such routes would have a chance to learn of them. Maybe spread the crowds a little further than Bear Gulch.

He makes good posts too - full information in actual English (as opposed to some of the crap there where you wonder if the posting party made it past third grade).

I've posted a few routes there myself so as to retain "control" over the information about that route, so to speak. On Los Banditos, as an example, I posted about it so that some dumb shit wouldn't do the post and f#$k it up. Notice that I've cleverly inserted links to this thread on this site in some of my posts (The Inn Crowd, for example) claiming that I couldn't figure out how to post photos and topos to that site (and actually the claim is true - I couldn't figure it out).

Maybe on all the routes we list there we should insert the words "for a full listing of new Pinnacles routes since the 2007 guidebook, see this thread on the Mudn'Crud Pinnacles site: [link]?" I'd be willing to go back and do that on my entries!

NOAL

• Pin Heads
  • Hit Lichen Scrub
« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2014, 01:19:47 PM »
Yes, I posted five of the routes from the above list on Mt. Project.  On the pages for those five routes I went back today and added a link to the list in this  thread.  Brad pretty much covers my basic intention in his post above. Perhaps i can elaborate on the subject a bit more. 

I have had many great days at the Pinnacles seeking out and climbing the routes in this thread. I greatly appreciate all of the hard work and attention to detail that Brad has spent on this supplement to his excellent guidebook and the work of the first ascentionists.  I have climbed way more off the list  than the five routes that I posted to Mt. Project but some of them I would not suggest to someone that I was trying to convert to climbing in areas other than Bear Gulch, the Flumes etc.

I also added a page for The Yaks. I could not find much of anything about the area on the internet.  About a month after I  posted a handful of routes and photos someone else posted two more routes.  Appears that they visited Monolith, did one climb then they popped over the hill and climbed a couple of routes on the Yaks Wall.  That day there were a few less people mobbing the Monolith.

I got more ideas about the subject but I do not want to make a mega-long unreadable post.  Maybe if I meet some more folks on this site in the flesh we can chat some.

Noal

mynameismud

• unworthy
    • Mudncrud
« Reply #485 on: December 03, 2014, 03:26:42 PM »
Sounds good!
Here's to sweat in your eye

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #486 on: December 03, 2014, 07:30:48 PM »
Good strategy nelkins. "Park" status is only going to mean more climbers.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #487 on: December 03, 2014, 09:10:40 PM »

... On the pages for those five routes I went back today and added a link to the list in this  thread.

Thanks for the high compliment in the way you worded your added information.

I greatly appreciate all of the hard work and attention to detail that Brad has spent on this supplement to his excellent guidebook and the work of the first ascentionists.

Thanks again.

Here however I think it's fair to say that lots of us have put lots of work into this list. Both of the Muds, for example, have fielded my confused Luddite like requests for help with the site. John, Jon, Bob, Rob, Aaron, Gavin and many other have kept careful notes and gotten them to me (and checked/edited entries too).

...but some of them I would not suggest to someone that I was trying to convert to climbing in areas other than Bear Gulch, the Flumes etc.

:D   :D

I also added a page for The Yaks. I could not find much of anything about the area on the internet.  About a month after I  posted a handful of routes and photos someone else posted two more routes.  Appears that they visited Monolith, did one climb then they popped over the hill and climbed a couple of routes on the Yaks Wall.  That day there were a few less people mobbing the Monolith.

Agree with Dennis and Clink on this - it's nice to see areas as fine as The Yaks getting a little traffic.

I got more ideas about the subject but I do not want to make a mega-long unreadable post.  Maybe if I meet some more folks on this site in the flesh we can chat some.

This weekend.

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2014, 06:15:07 AM »
Maybe if I meet some more folks on this site in the flesh

Please no flesh out of luck scenes this weekend.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2014, 11:48:44 AM »
On December 30, 2014, I added the following three routes to this list:

-  203.7  Mug Shot  5.7 *

-  646.2 Tear and Share  5.10a R

-  672.7  Agent Orange 5.4

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #490 on: December 30, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »
Ironic that Agent Orange and Tear and Share ended up lumped together on the main list.
Descriptions look good - thanks!
One wheel shy of normal

clink

• Meanderthal
« Reply #491 on: December 30, 2014, 08:41:23 PM »
Move straight up past two bolts, then up and right past two more bolts, before moving up and left past two more

I would say "Move up then left to the second bolt, then up and right..."

JC w KC redux

• my density has brought me to you...
« Reply #492 on: December 31, 2014, 06:48:19 AM »
I would say "Move up then left to the second bolt, then up and right..."

Agreed - I missed that.
One wheel shy of normal

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #493 on: January 14, 2015, 04:04:30 PM »
I added these four routes on The Fins to the list today:

-  557.1  Two Fifty Too Quick  5.6
-  557.2  Nine Hundred for the Lead  5.6 *
-  557.6  Finagle  5.6 *
-  557.8  The Fourth Fin - Regular Route  5.1

Although this area (and these routes) haven't been made public before, virtually everyone who would do a first ascent at Pinns was there Saturday, so they aren't exactly off the radar anymore. And I don't now feel that making this information public poses any great risk of route poaching. If anyone can convince me that I am wrong in my impression I will remove these routes and put them back on the "private" list.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #494 on: February 17, 2015, 08:55:51 PM »
I added the five new routes at The Upper Flumes to the list tonight. They all start with the number 698.

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
« Reply #495 on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:59 PM »
Imapoacher4lyfe.com

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #496 on: February 17, 2015, 09:09:56 PM »

Imapoacher4lyfe.com

Maybe a weirdo for life. What the hell are you talking about?

mungeclimber

• PermaBan
« Reply #497 on: February 17, 2015, 09:54:51 PM »
You're too old to understand.;)

Bruce Hildenbrand

« Reply #498 on: February 18, 2015, 10:58:39 AM »
Clint and I took a morning off from rebolting and added a route on Tiburcio's X.

195.5 - Tiburcio's Y 5.6 - climb the northeast arete of the Tiburcio's formation past three bolts starting 50 feet off of the Rim Trail about 100 feet north of the top of Vigilante.

Brad Young

• Grand Master
« Reply #499 on: February 18, 2015, 11:32:30 AM »

Clint and I took a morning off from rebolting and added a route on Tiburcio's X.

195.5 - Tiburcio's Y 5.6 - climb the northeast arete of the Tiburcio's formation past three bolts starting 50 feet off of the Rim Trail about 100 feet north of the top of Vigilante.

You had no right - never, never stop re-bolting like that again.

(Which day did you two do the route?)